Question about 1988 Chevrolet Corvette
5.7l tuneport engine has fuel pressure, spark and injection drive,starts but act like running out of fuel
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Does it crank? Do you have any codes? Check engine light? Do you have spark? No spark check coil, and connections, also it would be nice to know what year it is. Get codes read. No crank check battery and starter. No codes or lights check crank position sensor, make sure your pcm is good after replacing your ignition mod you could have blown it if you did do it right. (engine computer) Check cam sensor if applies. Crank and cam could prevent it from starting and I know one I think cam controls pcm's fuel delivery on gm's
Posted on Dec 30, 2008
Hello, yes the check valve is in the fuel pump assembly. The check valve is leaking and the pump will burn out soon. Unfortunately the aftermarket fuel pumps can be very unreliable. A good portion of problems we see on this site are from people who replace the pump sometimes twice and it still doesn't work.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
replace your MAP sensor(manifold absolute pressure) the map sensor is the computer for your fuel pressure regulator telling how much pressure. Unless your tahoe runs like **** going up hill than it inevitably your fuel pump
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
Try to do the crank relearn:
Ensure that your battery is fully charged before attempting the relearn procedure. Do not leave any battery charger or jumper cables attached to the battery. Close the hood completely. Some applications require that the doors remain closed during the procedure.
1. Rotate the key to the start position to attempt to start the vehicle (the vehicle will not start).
Allow the key to return to the all position (same as if the vehicle would have started). The theft system light will flash (or stay lit) on the dash for approximately 10 minutes.
2. When the theft system telltale stops flashing (or turns oft) turn the key to the off position for 5 seconds and then attempt tostart the vehicle. The vehicle should start on this cycle.
3. Once the vehicle is running, the password relearn is complete.
00 + S10
1. Rotate the key to the start position to attempt to start the vehicle (the vehicle will not start). Allow the key to return to the on position. (same as if the vehicle would have started)
2. The theft system light will flash (or stay lit) on the dash for approximately 10 minutes.
3. When the theft system telltale stops flashing (or turns off) turn the key to the off position for 5 seconds and then attempt to start the vehicle.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes.
5. On the next cycle of turning the ignition key from off to crank the vehicle should start
6. Once the vehicle is running, the password is learned and this completes the cycle.
7. Clear any DTC's with a scan tool if necessary. DTC history will be cleared after 100 ignition cycles.
Thank you for using fixya and keep me posted, be glad to help you get your jimmy running 100%
Posted on Apr 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 16, 2015 | Jeep Cars & Trucks
May 14, 2014 | 1999 Chevrolet K1500
Apr 18, 2014 | 1997 Dodge Stratus
Jan 30, 2014 | Jeep Cars & Trucks
Nov 08, 2013 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jun 12, 2017 | 1999 GMC Sierra
Nov 17, 2012 | 1995 Chevrolet Suburban
Jan 02, 2018 | 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe
Nov 26, 2009 | 1989 Ford Ranger
Dec 27, 2008 | 1989 Ford Aerostar Cargo
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: