Question about 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0
Replaced blower motor a wk later air bag light flashing. enter diagnostic mode and its flashing 1 then 8 then 8 and repetes. tryed the reset did not work. cant seem to find this code . all data chart just shows code 8 but not 88. any help would be nice
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: air bag light flashing
the most common cause of the airbag light is a defective rotoating ribbon contact under the steering wheel that connects the airbag to the steering column wiring harness, the contact is called the clock-spring contact.
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
SOURCE: air bag light flashing (red)
Airbags dont need to be replaced. There is an issue with the electrical that connects to the airbags. This is not a DIY project because if you connect the wrong wires it could cause the bags to deploy and you could get seriously hurt - or cost $3,000 if your lucky to replace the bags
Posted on May 12, 2009
1. Get in your Pathfinder and CLOSE the door. Turn the key on one click to
accessory mode so that all of the other lights on the dash are on but
do not start the car. Now open your door and push the the button inside
your door jamb that turns your interior light on 7 times. Close your
door and then turn your key off.
Now start the Pathfinder...it should be off. If not, repeat this series a couple of times and it will go off. I have had theis happen twice and this is the correct way to fix the problem.
2. Similar story, similar results here too with a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. Got a new stereo installed, and got a bonus with the blinking airbag light on the instrument panel. Got nowhere with the 7x or 10x domelight press-the-switch voodoo. Bounced into this forum and got the fix that works for my SUV. For the 2007 Pathfinder owners out there: You'll notice the ignition key "beep" is heard only 4 times, not 5.
It took a little patience, as this procedure took me 2 attempts. This is a slight modification from the one mentioned above for the Frontier and the Maxima, but this definitely worked for my 2007 Nissan Pathfinder:
1. Key in, ignition turned to on (but don't start truck).
2. Pay attention to the 4 beeps and watch the dash lights. You're looking for the airbag light to go out just after the last beep.
3. As soon as the light goes out (but BEFORE it begins blinking on you) QUICKLY switch the key back to OFF. Don't remove the key yet.
4. After about 2 or 3 seconds, repeat steps 1 - 3. In total you will do this procedure about 3 times. I say "about" because this all took a couple of attempts, but it was at least 3 cycles.
5. After your last cycle, wait about 5 seconds and turn the key to ON again, and just observe the dash for the airbag light. It should go out and stay out. If not, try it again but maybe add an additional cycle.
Like I said, it took me a couple of attempts but it worked. All credit must go to this website, with special thanks to the poster "LB" ( http://www.carsforums.com/nissan/7423-nissan-airbag-light-reset-fix.html#post65692 )
I hope help you with this. Good luck.
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Silverado
Feb 20, 2010 | 1995 Ford Taurus
Oct 15, 2009 | 1996 Nissan Altima
Sep 17, 2009 | 2004 Kia Sorento
May 17, 2009 | 2006 Nissan Titan
Mar 24, 2009 | 2001 Mercury Villager
Mar 12, 2009 | 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
Feb 09, 2009 | 1995 Lincoln Town Car
Oct 07, 2008 | 1998 Ford Explorer
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: