HOW TO CHANGE OIL AND FILTER ON A 2007 BENZ 230 ,why does the local service center want 120.00 to do it
The dealer will usually charge double with it would cost for you to buy the oils and do it yourself because of the labor involved....
This only applies to 2001-2005 (I-4 supercharged engines) or w203 chasis. It might be the similar for other C-class models.
1. 27 mm socket or a cresent wrench
2. Small flat head screwdriver
4. 8mm socket *
5. 1/2 inch socket *
6. Lift Jack*
7. Oil collection pan*
* Optional tools, only needed if you plan to drain the oil. If you **** the oil out these tools are not needed.
1. Oil Filter (MB Part # A 271 180 00 09). My dealer provided a new drain plug washer the filter.
2. Oil (Mobile One 0-40) C230 (I4 SC) needs 5.8-6.0 quarts.
1. Locate the oil filter and slightly loosen it, DO NOT remove it at
this time. This will allow the oil in the filter to flow back to the
oil pan. (See Photos 1 &2 below)
2. Jack up the car and remove plastic engine covers on the bottom of the car with 8mm socket.**
3. Located oil pan drain plug and remove plug with 1/2" socket (See
Photo 3 below) Make sure you have the oil collection pan under drain,
because the oil will come flowing out fast.**
4. As the oil is draining out, remove the oil filter from engine bay.
5. Remove oil filter cartridge (this may take a little force) and three
rubber o-rings. Replace oil filter cartridge and replace the three
o-rings (See Photo 4 below) Coat the new o-rings with some new oil.
6. Install drain plug with new washer and tighten to the proper torque spec (24N/m) or 1/2 turn past finger tight.
7. Install oil filter into engine bay. DO NOT over tighten! Tight to
the proper torque spec (24 N/m) or if you do NOT have a torque wrench
tight a 1/4 turn past hand tight.
8. Remove oil cap and input 5.25 quarts of oil using the funnel. (The
reason why you should NOT add the entire 5.8 quarts is because there is
still some residual oil in the engine and it's not good to over fill.
You can easly add oil, pain to take it out)
9. After putting in 5.25 qts, turn ignition key to position 2 (radio
and heater/AC comes on) for 10 seconds. This will allow the oil pump to
start pumping the oil into the empty filter. Then start the engine and
let it run for one minute and turn off car and remove key.
10. Re-Intsall plastic engine covers on the bottom of the car with 8mm socket and lower jack(s). **
Aug 12, 2009 |
2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class