Question about 1995 Ford Thunderbird
Ihave a auto x ray ez link diagnostic system and when put on car comes up w p102 ,p155
1. Check the voltage output of the MAF sensor by measuring voltage on the Light Blue/Red (LB/R) wire with a Digital Volt-Ohm Meter (DVOM). A typical idle reading will show 0.7-1.1 volts at idle and the voltage should respond quickly and rise to above 3.0 volts during a snap acceleration of the throttle.
2. If the MAF voltage is out of range and/or it does not react during the snap acceleration of the throttle, replace it.
3. Check the Brown/White (BR/WH) wire of the Throttle Position (TP) sensor for a steady reading of 4.9-5.1 volts. If the voltage is out of range, verify PCM power and grounds are good before replacing the PCM.
4. Unplug the voltage regulator at the alternator and recheck the engine running condition and values as previously noted through the scan tool. If the engine runs better with more realistic pulse width values and good fuel trim functions when the voltage regulator is disconnected, replace the alternator assembly.
5. Wet down the ignition wires and coil pack and look for possible signs of electrical arcing that may be spiking the PCM and engine control components with electrical noise.
6. Inspect all battery cable connections including the connection to the fuse box, engine, block and body grounds near the battery. Address as needed.
7. Check the vehicle's fuel supply for a quality issue which could influence the engine operation because of excess alcohol, the presence of diesel, or any other contaminant. Drain the tank and flush the system as needed.
Posted on Apr 14, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 01, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
May 01, 2011 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Mar 24, 2011 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Mar 06, 2011 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Sep 08, 2010 | Chevrolet Impala Cars & Trucks
Jul 19, 2010 | Cars & Trucks
May 06, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Colorado
Aug 11, 2009 | 2000 Hyundai Elantra
Aug 03, 2009 | Chrysler Concorde Cars & Trucks
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: