- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
forum.ih8mud.com > Forums > Toyota Tech Forums > 80-Series Tech
Oct 1, 2010 - I'm looking for a "how to" on replacing the OEM power mast on a 97 LC. ... The only tricky part is removing the funky nut that holds the mast in. .... what to do with the radio mast on my newly acquired 1997 Lexus LX450. ... if I have a broken cable, but the antenna itself comes right out of the top with no cable.
www.cadillacforums.com > ... > Cadillac Tech Tips - How to fix it
May 9, 2009 - 15 posts - 12 authors
Remove the liner to access the antenna and disconnect ANY of the two ... If notlocked the motor receives continuously power and will drain ... Broken nylon wire lifting/lowering the antenna mast 4. ... The motor shaft comes out from the plastic casing after you take out ... Do not lubricate the cable or the mast.
If the cable broke in the antenna, you need to remove the antenna to remove the ... take a 17 mm wrench and remove the nut over the antenna where the mast comes out of the body. ... Hopefully the chrome sleeve will come with the old mast. ... Be careful not to drop them down too far. get the motor assembly on a bench ...Missing: tacoma 1997
May 24, 2013 - Uploaded by EricTheCarGuy
This video shows one way you can deal with a broken antenna. ... Find out why ... this video is that I did ...Missing: chrome
I assume that the power antenna unit is an original equipment unit, if so.
1. Does it run for about a minute then stop? If this is the case, your antenna shaft needs to be replaced. This is a very simple procedure that your local radio install shop can do for you in about 20 minutes.
2. If the motor never shuts off as long as the key is on, you probably have a defective relay on the antenna motor. At this point you need to replace the entire unit. A job that can be a bit pricey because of the price of the unit itself. A cheeper fix is to replace the power antenna with a manually telescopic unit, (no motor), or a fixed unit, (doesn't go down). If you opt for the latter, remember to unscrew or lower the antenna in automatic car washes!
you want the antenna in the up position then you open the trunk, remove the side wall covering and pull out the power connector to the antenna. Remember that you cant go through a car wash after it's up.
You can also buy a replacement cartridge to repair the bent sections of the power antenna at the dealer.
its held in by the bracket on the botom of it and also the chrome nut arount the top of it... remove the nut from the top and the bolts from the base support bracket and then remove the antenna and power wires.. when installing replacement antenna secure the top nut first. then bolt base and reconnect antenna wire and power plug
that's because the mechanism on the inside of the electric antenna in detached from the actual antenna and will run till it manages to read that it has gone down . simple solution is to cap off one of the power wires so it stops as it will need to be replaced to work again any way, the only wire you need to leave is the antenna wire in the middle (or the biggest one there) and it will still work as you do not need a power supply to run the antenna.