Question about 2000 Ford Focus

1 Answer

Changing 2000 ford focus sway bar stabilizer pin

How do you change a left side sway bar stabilizer pin?

Posted by on

  • iroquoisarch Jun 20, 2009

    Thanks, I had a mechanic look at it and he had said stabilizer link pin. I couldn't find anything and if it is only what you said, I could do that myself but don't want to if I'm going on a wild goose chase.

    I have a friend who used to work in the Ford garage but he hasn't seen it yet. From the desription I said he figured sway bar (which sounds like what you have) and I can't see any reason I couldn't do that myself.

    Thanks again.

  • iroquoisarch Jun 22, 2009

    Thanks again for the help. I just put in a new sway bar limkage(?), runs from rhe sway bar up to the strut. Seemed to take care of the "loosness rattling" but still have the cluck sound when turning hard left. My friends (one was a Ford mechanic) thinks it is a strut cup bearing(?) but I'm not going to remove the strut and do anything about it.

    Thanks again. I'll post the yes for the rating as you were a big help.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Ford Master
  • 3,433 Answers

Are you refering to the 5/16" bolt with 4 rubber bushings? 2 on each end? If so, cut them. Everything you need will come in kit. Bolts, bushings and sleeves.

Posted on Jun 19, 2009

  • 2 more comments 
  • Ned C Cook
    Ned C Cook Jun 20, 2009

    Nope, no reason why you can't. Look on the ends of the sway bar. There is a 3.5 in bolt with two rubber bushings on each end of it.. That's it. Good luck.

  • Ned C Cook
    Ned C Cook Jun 21, 2009

    You can do it yourself but soak it down with wd40 first. everything rusts together, that why I said cut it/ them. Always get or have your parst in hand on any automotive repairs you make.

  • Ned C Cook
    Ned C Cook Jun 21, 2009

    Do me a favor and fill out the fixya questions for the raring, Thanks

  • Ned C Cook
    Ned C Cook Jun 22, 2009

    thank you



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Rear suspension sway axle side

could be rear wheel bearings - they come as a complete assy with brake hub - approx $45 each side - 1 hour per side for replacement. Also replace the rear sway bar links $8 for a set - other than that you could have a bent wheel and or loose rear control arm bolts - remove the rear wheels and check all mounting bolts - I had this problem and my rear end felt like it was shimming when I went around corners - 5 minute fix

Oct 27, 2013 | 2000 Ford Focus

1 Answer

2004 pontiac grand prix gt. humming noise while driving. Louder at 25 mph or higher. Changed front passenger side hub bearings due to when turning slightly left humming quiets. I stol have humming....

I change both wheel hub bearings when one goes

Doesn't matter what stabilizer does--- the bushings need
to be done-- so you say

Maybe you replaced the wrong drive axle

Put the front tires on the back to see what happens

Nov 30, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

3 Answers

The bar in the front that looks loke a handle bar and has bushings what is it

If the bar goes from side to side it is called a sway bar. If it goes from one side to alittle past center it is called the stabilizer bar.

Jun 19, 2011 | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer

3 Answers

What are swey bars on a ford focus

A sway bar is a suspension piece that keeps the left and right side of vehicle connected to help with turns. They are held together through sway bar links at each end, which are fairly common to break or rattle over bumps.

Mar 27, 2011 | 2003 Ford Focus

1 Answer

Are 2000 GTs with 100K + miles prone to need swaybar , shock, etc bushings? Mine started a rattling underneath and someone told me they were prone to wear out bushings. Is that so?

Sway bar and suspension bushings - Yes, Shock/struts yes if shocks/struts haven't been replaced already. Check stabilizer links before changing anything, Stab links wear out and are common to make rattling noises.

Mar 01, 2011 | 2000 Ford Mustang

1 Answer

A mechanic said our daughter's 2002 PT Cruiser, limited edition , has a sway bar that is too long. In the Chrysler PT Cruiser manual I cannot find the sway bar mentioned and I don't know where it is on...

I dont see how it could be too long, if its the one the car came with. The sway bar would not be in the owners manual. Its in front and it goes from left front wheel to right front wheel. it will have a connector link at each end to connect to the lower arm. Sometimes it called the Anti-Sway bar or Stabilizer bar.

Dec 20, 2010 | Chrysler PT Cruiser Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

89 mustang has no front sway bar. How does it go in.


Nov 14, 2010 | Ford Mustang Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How to change the rear sway bar on a 2000 mazda protege?

how to change rear stabilizer bar 2002 mazda protege

Jun 16, 2010 | 2000 Mazda Protege

1 Answer

2000 Ford Escort creaking nose


Sep 29, 2009 | 2000 Ford Escort

Not finding what you are looking for?
2000 Ford Focus Logo

Related Topics:

1,049 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

81400 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22359 Answers

gerry bissi

Level 3 Expert

4376 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides