Question about Dodge Caravan
Should I replace the filter as preventive maintenance ? at what point
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: fuel filter
Your fuel filter is located along the frame in between the fuel lines leading from the actual tank. its external and is in line with the frame close to the fuel tank.
Posted on May 11, 2009
SOURCE: Caravan air filter
The air filter for the cabin is located inside the van, look under the glove box door there should be a plastic holder that slides to the rearward of the van pull this back and a flat plastic door will come off, the door is two parts.
Some base vans do not have this filter if you look at the bottom of this and see a 1/2 long plastic stud sticking out of the bottom there is no filter in this.
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
The panel or the housing normally lists the names of the items that are controlled by the fuses. If that doesnt work, disconnect the battery terminals and you are good to go
Posted on Oct 28, 2009
If yours has the 2 tank it should have one pump for each. For single tanks, I am unsure if it has the 2nd pump under the hood. To be sure you can trace the line from the tank if it passes a motor before it reaches the engine.
Posted on Aug 31, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2015 | 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Minivan
Dec 12, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Caravan
Jun 22, 2011 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
2002 Dodge Caravan
Fuel Filter Replacement Procedure
1. The fuel filter is located on top of the fuel tank near the fuel pump module. Fuel lines are permanently attached to filter assembly and must be replaced with the fuel filter.
2. Release pressure from fuel system by removing the fuel pump relay and start the engine and let it die. Crank the engine a couple times after it dies to relieve more of the fuel pressure
3. Disconnect negative battery cable
4. Raise and support vehicle
5. Support fuel tank with transmission jack or floor jack with large plywood board to evenly distribute the weight of the fuel tank. NOTE: It is important to distribute weight evenly to prevent damage to the fuel pump module.
6. Disconnect ground strap from fuel tank
7. Remove inboard fuel tank straps and front "T" strap fastener
8. Lower the fuel tank approximately 6 inches to access the fuel filter assembly.
9. Disconnect the fuel lines at the fuel supply connector and the fuel pump module
10. Remove the retaining bolt and remove filter assembly from vehicle.
11. Reverse removal procedure to install (Don't forget to put the fuel pump relay back )
Apr 02, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Sep 28, 2010 | 2007 Jeep Commander Rocky Mountain
Apr 16, 2009 | 2006 Dodge Caravan
Apr 01, 2009 | 1995 Dodge Caravan
Jan 06, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jul 08, 2008 | 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Minivan
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: