Question about Dodge Caravan
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
is this van new for you ? is it a status light letting you know that the airbag is loaded and ready for anypassenger that you have in your van ? do you have a key that you can turn it off in most vans there is an option to turn air bag on or off depending on size or opinion of passenger . im thinking that if its a status light its okay to be on letting you know its ready for opperation . take a look at your owners manual airbag section . and if it does turn out to be a warning malfunction indicator please dont waste time take it to your local dealer and have it checked out .hope this information helps good luck
Posted on Jul 03, 2008
There are a few things that can cause this, either the air bag itself going bad, or an airbag sending unit or brain going bad,
Posted on May 05, 2009
In most cases this problem is caused by the rotating ribbon circuit contact under the steering wheel having a broken filament, the part is known as a clock spring contact, u will need to properly disarm the airbag and remove the steering wheel to access the part. WARNING: Failure to follow factory Airbag disarming protocol can result in an unexpected Airbag deployment and possible serious personnel injury or death.
Posted on May 20, 2009
If you mean the passenger airbag light no longer lights up and airbag light on the dash blinks at start-up and then stays on; the read the below and check this site:
I went to radio shack cost me $2.99 for 3 bulb packet. But the post below worked. It really didn't that long, pretty easy job. Took longer to find the tools. The first guys idea/fix, the second guy gave pretty good instructions. Just a little more detail: (3) the clips are one each side of the panel; (5) these two screws are on the inside lower part of module, (6) unclip the plastic tabs from the back (where the plug end is) first and it should lift up easily.
I had this happen on my 98 Ranger.(code 27) My light on the module that turns off the passenger side airbag was burnt out. I went to Radio Shack and bought a 12v light with wires attached and soldered them to the existing light.(didn't even take it out!) It fixed it!! Cost, about $1.50 and 20 minutes of fix time.
Note: If the light by the key switch to turn off the passenger side airbag does not work, it disables the entire airbag system! Hope yours is as easy to fix.
Thanks for your post. I have no way to read codes, but I heard the five tone alarm every time I started the vehicle and the passenger air bag off light did not light up. I was skeptical, but tried your advice and it worked.
1) 12-volt colored lamp (Radio Shack part: 272-1099)
1) socket set
2) philips head screw driver
3) soldering iron
1) remove ash tray from console panel
2) using a socket set, remove 4 hex head screws from console panel
3) pull console panel out of the two clips
4) remove connector from air bag key module in console panel and take console panel to a work bench
5) remove 2 philips head screws to remove the airbag key module
6) carefully unclip the plastic tabs that hold the airbag key module case together
7) remove connector circuit board from air bag key module
8) solder the yellow replacement lamp to the two solder pads for the original lamp on the back side of the circuit board (which wire to which pad does not matter)
9) tie the replacement lamp in place next to the original lamp
10) replace the circuit board in the airbag key module and snap the case back together
11) connect the airbag key module in the truck and start the engine to check that the lamp illuminates and that the alarm does not sound
12) screw the aribag key module back into the console panel
13) snap the console panel back into the truck
14) replace the 4 hex head screws
15) replace the ash tray
Posted on Nov 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2016 | 2005 GMC Sierra
Mar 15, 2014 | Cadillac Escalade Cars & Trucks
Nov 04, 2010 | 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jun 15, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
May 23, 2009 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mar 20, 2009 | 1998 Lincoln Navigator
Sep 01, 2008 | 2001 Volkswagen Beetle
Jun 29, 2008 | 2004 Hyundai XG350
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: