Question about 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
When my car is locked & alarm is set, I can unlock it with the key & the alarm is unarmed. As soon I put the key in to start turning the key the engine does nothing no sound, nothing. But the alarm light on the dash is blinking, because its armed again. WHY? I replaced the plugs, battery & coil pack because I was told there was no spark, fire. There is spark now, but no start.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
1999 CONCORDE: check the battery terminals probably they are not tight enough...something like that happened to me just the lights turned on and the car seemed to be dead, the battery is still ok since then. I just needed to buy new terminals.
Posted on Nov 25, 2008
Some months ago I began starting the engine of my 2001 Chrysler 300M but turned it of before it really started "was sloppy with the key". The anti-theft system went on for some unknown reason. I disarmed it by disconnecting one of the battery connections under the hood with a wrench. I connected it again, the anti-theft system was off but the battery was dead. Battery was OK after recharging, I have had no trouble since then.
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
I am having trouble also but I need to know how to disconnect the alarm. I would appreciate it if you could help me out seeing that you have disconnected yours. Thank you
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 24, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 13, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
May 24, 2012 | 1991 Acura Legend
Sep 01, 2011 | 1998 Toyota Camry
Jan 05, 2011 | 2000 Honda Passport
Dec 17, 2010 | 2003 Saab 9-3
Mar 05, 2010 | 2000 Nissan Maxima
Mar 23, 2009 | 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
Dec 28, 2008 | 1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
10 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: