I can't open the diver side door with the key or the keyless unit
When i use the key to open the driver side door it doesn't open i have to go thru the passenger door and open it thru the inside driver side door handle i can hear the keyless unit operating but the door doesn't open
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: i can't open the diver side door with the key or the...
Handle may be broken from the inside of the door or the rod may be bent or disconnected. have to take the panel off to see it. when off, have someone pull the handle up a few times so you can look at it from the inside to see what its not doing
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
All BNW's have remote key openers built into key, so what doesn't work, the manual lock, or the remote key, or both. When you say you don't have keyless entry, on a BMW the remote is the key.
1) Key turns but dose not unlock door. This means that the rod that goes to the back of the lock has came off. This also means that is the reason door is not unlocking with the remote as it pops the lock rod inside the door which pushes the lock open. 2) Key does not turn lock at all but works passengers side door. This means that the locks has been changed in the door, but that doesn't sound like the problem as you say the remote doesn't open the drivers side door so more than likely the rod has came off the back of the lock
KEYLESS REMOTE PROGRAMMING 1- Driver's door open & unlocked. Key out of ignition
2- Insert & remove key 2 times within 5 seconds
3- Close & open drivers door twice within 40 seconds
4- Insert key into ignition & remove
5- Close & open drivers door twice within 40 seconds
6- Insert key into ignition
7- Close the door
8- Turn ignition switch from "LOCK" to "ON" & back to "LOCK"
- ONCE for ADD mode
- TWICE for REWRITE mode
9- Remove the key from ignition
10- To confirm your mode selection, the power locks will now cycle "lock" to
"unlock" a number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step 8
11- Within 40 seconds of confirmation
- Press both transmitter Lock & Ulock buttons simultaneously
- Within 3 seconds press transmitter Lock button for more than 1 second
- If successful, the power locks will cycle once (twice indicates
- Repeat step 11 for additional remotes
12- Open door to exit programming.
if its early 05 round heart shaped remote it needs programming into system at dealer with Tech2
later 05 to 07 had square (rectangle) shaped remote 1.2 ID Code Additional Registration Note: This procedure will add additional remotes to the Keyless Entry Control Units memory. A total of 4 remote transmitters may be programmed into the Keyless Entry Control Units memory. When a total of registered and newly registered remotes exceed 4, the oldest one shall be erased. Step Action 1Note: Make sure that all the doors are closed and unlocked. Insert the ignition key into the ignition switch. Open the driver's side door. 2 Turn the Ignition key to the “ON” position and then to the “LOCK” position three times (The key should remain in the “LOCK” position) Note: This step must be carried out within five seconds. 3 “CLOSE” and “OPEN” the driver’s doors once (Leaving the driver’s door in the “OPEN” position) Note: This step must be carried out within five seconds after step 2 is completed. 4 Wait for 8 seconds (This wait time is critical) 5 Turn the Ignition key “ON” and then to the “LOCK” position once and turn key to the “ON” position (The key should remain in the “ON” position) OR on/lock once Note: This step must be carried out eight seconds after step 3 is completed. 6 “CLOSE” the driver’s door The HAZARD lights should flash 3 times (This acknowledges the Keyless Entry Control Unit has entered programming mode) 7 Operate the lock or unlock button of the transmitters to be programmed; a flash of the HAZARD lights indicates the remote has been successfully programmed into the control unit 8 The HAZARD lights will flash approx 4 seconds after pressing the remote button to indicate the Keyless Entry Control Unit has exited programming mode.