Question about 2004 Mercedes-Benz Mercedes Benz S Class
The key wont turn and the remote will not lock or un unlock the doors. the radio and lights work, but thats all.
Do you hear a click as you turn the key in the ignition switch?yes!
have your battery pass the 400A charge test !
Posted on Apr 01, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
there could be a problem with the actual remote, get it checked, if you do need a remote plz get it from a mercedes main dealer.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
There is a central door locking pump under the back seat, the motor has gone in it, cheap way to repair is to strip it down and put a motor in it from a tyre compreser from argos for under £10 very easy to fit just two wires
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
I have got exactly the same problem except for the key wont lock/unlock at all.
did you get this fixed and how?
Posted on Jan 20, 2010
I have a 2001 C240 with the same issue. I removed the positive battery cable from the battery and kept it off for 30 seconds then replaced it. Everything was reset and the key worked.
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2014 | 2004 Toyota Sequoia
2. Remove RADIO fuse from fuse box. Fuse will be number 17 and located at LH side of instrument panel.
3. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 3 times within 5 seconds ending in the RUN position. Off is the position where you can remove your key and Run is the position shy of starting your vehicle (do not crank engine or start vehicle). Be sure you are turning the key from off to run quickly.
4. Doors will Lock and Unlock indicating entry into programming mode.
5. Hold Lock and Unlock at the same time on first remote for approximately 15 seconds. Vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking doors indicating successful programming.
6. Repeat step 5 for each additional remote including working remotes.
7. Switch ignition off. Replace RADIO fuse. Test all remotes.
Nov 12, 2011 | 2000 Pontiac Firebird
Jan 25, 2010 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Jul 09, 2009 | 2004 Renault 181
Jun 16, 2009 | 1996 Lexus LS 400
Jun 13, 2009 | 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser
Apr 09, 2009 | 2004 Isuzu Rodeo
Jan 01, 2009 | 1999 Lincoln Continental
Nov 11, 2008 | 1998 Honda Civic
Remote Control Fob Procedures:
The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls
the door locking, door super locking and emergency hazard reminders.
When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.
A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed:
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote
control plip key.
1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
2. Next, turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. Wait 2 seconds then the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key's.
9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
10. Remove key, and check all plip key's for operation.
NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys
have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received
for 120 seconds.
i hope this can help you.. :)
Jul 28, 2008 | 2005 Nissan Sentra
204 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: