76 shovelhead when you try and start bike,it will just keep turning over the button when you push it when you release it motor keeps turning over
I put a new solenoid on every thing looks all right,even if you bypass the button and use the starter post and solenoid post it does the same thing keeps on turning over I have to take a battery terminal off to make it stop,at first I was thinking the button but then I used the starter post and solenoid post and it did the same thing I don't know what it could be does anyone have a theory on this.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
Cars & Trucks Master
Re: 76 shovelhead when you try and start bike,it will...
It sounds like the contacts inside the starter solenoid are burnt together . Check this by removing the battery lead and using a multimeter check for continuity across the major poles of the starter . If you have it then replace the solenoid.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Open the window.
2. Disconnect the battery.
3. Close the door. (Keep the window open)
4. Turn the ignition key on.
5. Find the hood sensor in engine bay area. (It looks like push button)
6. Press the hood sensor and reconnect the battery. (Keep pressing the sensor)
7. Ask someone to start the engine (Keep pressing the sensor)
8. After the engine start, you can release that sensor.
9. Now your alarm vehicle was deactivated.
This trick is effective for common mitsubishi car which not using immobilizer.
1) Make sure ignition is off
2) push & hold in left button (daytrip reset)
3) while holding in, turn ignition key into pos.1
4) keep holding button pushed in while "Test 1" appears in display
5) after a further approx. 5 seconds oil service inspection will appear (whichever is due)
6) release button when oil service/inspection are displayed
7) pushing and holding in the button for appr. 5 secs will reset the service interval
8) release button and switch off ignition. When restarting interval should be reset
hope this works.
1. Keep you foot on the break and turn the car on.
2. Press the odometer/trip button until your dash displays the odometer mileage.
3. Turn the car off and while keeping your foot on the break, restart the car by pressing the on button.
4. Immediately press and hold down the Odometer/trip button for at least 10 seconds.
5. While still holding down the Odometer/trip button put the car in reverse. You will hear the reverse beeping. Then push the park button.
6. You can now release the Odometer/trip button and if you keep pushing the button you can toggle the beep to come on or turn off by looking on your dash. It should say "b-on" or "b-off".
7. Toggle it to the "b-off" setting and put your car in reverse and that annoying beep should be turned off.
POWER LIFT-GATE OPERATION - To open the optional power liftgate, push the
button on the instrument panel , press on your five-button key fob (if equipped),
or press and release the control located in the left rear quarter panel (Figure B). To unlatch the
liftgate glass, push the button ) under the center of the license plate lamp shield, or
press on your five-button key fob. Do not open the liftgate or the liftgate glass
in a garage or other enclosed area with a low ceiling. Keep clear of the liftgate when operating
the rear switch. To open the liftgate manually, pull the handle located on the liftgate to release
the liftgate from the vehicle. The power system will take over when you release the
handle. To close, make certain the rear window is closed, and then pull down the liftgate a few
inches to activate power closing. Closing the gate rapidly or more than a few inches may activate
the obstacle detection feature and stop the power system.------------
Also click this link for more help:---
This should help.Keep updated.Thanks.Helpmech.
get in the car close the door turn the ignition on but dont start the car. wait intil the clock is displayed in the instrument cluster or push the bc button to display it. next press and hold the button on the left of the instrument cluster. an orange triangle will appear keep holding button in. next the cbs service data will appear release button. by pushing button briefly without holding you can scroll through service data. when an oil can is displayed press and hold button again. the word reset with a question mark will be displayed. release and press and hold button again oil service will reset
key off, push in and hold trip odo, turn key to position 2 ( all dash board lights are now on) DONT START the car, KEEP the trip button pushed in, start the car IMEDIATELY the service light starts to flash, then release the trip odo button. Sometimes takes a couple of goes.