Question about 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Hi i have no idea how to change cd dics in my pt cruiser.It says 5 dics but only lets me put in one??
If it is functioning correctly, you push the load button, then say which cd(1,2,3,4,5)) Then wait till it says "load", insert disc. BUT......they usually don't work. Great idea that isn't so great!!
Posted on Mar 28, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: pt cruiser aerial
At the base of the antenna, take a small crescent wrench or pliers and unscrew the antenna from the mounting bracket. Any Chrysler dealer should have a replacement antenna.
Posted on Oct 06, 2008
SOURCE: PT Cruiser Brake Light
The bulb in the rear light has burned out and to replace it follow these instructions: 1) go to your owner's manual to find out the part number. You can find and purchase the replacement bulb at Target, any auto parts store and even at Walmart for under $4.00; 2) pop open the trunk door; 3) get a phillips screw driver and unscrew the 2 screws holding the rear brake light fixture to your car body; 4) as soon as you turn over the fixture you'll see where to pull out the burned out bulb and replace it with the new one(s). Good luck!
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
Hi, i have put together a step by step guide that will help you with this replacement job. Make sure the vehicle is in a cool state before starting this job.
* Drain some coolant into a clean container until the coolant level is below the thermostat housing.
* Remove the upper radiator hose connection from the thermostat housing.
* Loosen the housing bolts and remove the housing.
* Remove the gasket and scrape it carefully from the surface of the housing and the mounting surface on the engine. If the gasket remains on either of the surfaces, there will probably bea coolant leak after reassembly. Some engines use a rubber O-ring to seal a thermostat housing.
* Compare the size of the thermostat to the old one. They are of different sizes, types, and temperature ratings.
* The temperature rating is stamped on the sensing bulb on the bottom of the thermostat. The temperature bulb faces the block.
* When replacing a thermostat, be sure that the thermostat fits into the groove in the block or outlet housing. If the thermostat is installed upside down, the engine will overheat.
* Install the gasket.
* Reinstall the thermostat housing. Refill the system and run the engine or pressure test to check for leaks.
* When the engine has reached operating temperature make sure the thermostat opens.
* You should be able to see coolant circulating within the radiator.
* Another way of checking thermostat operation is to feel the top of the radiator hose or use a thermometer or multimeter with a temperature probe to confirm that the coolant is warming up.
* If the engine is overheating, but the top hose is still cool to the touch, the thermostat is stuck closed and must be replaced.
When a paper gasket is used and the recess is in the thermostat housing, it is a good practice to position the thermostat into the recess and glue the gasket to hold it in place. If it falls out of its groove during installation, the outlet housing can be cracked or a coolant leak will result. Before tightening the water outlet housing, try to rock it back and forth to be sure it is flush. Housings are often cracked during this step.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
FUEL PUMP IS LOCATED IN FUEL TANK..FILTER IS LOCATED ON TOP OF PUMP MODULE..A NEW PUMP WILL NORMALLY COME WITH THIS FILTER..YOU MUST REMOVE FUEL TANK FROM VEHICLE TO REPLACE THESE COMPONENTS..IF YOUR NOT SURE YOU CAN DO THIS,I WOULD TALK TO A REPAIR SHOP..FUEL CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
SOURCE: Battery charge Diesel PT Cruiser
You can connect the - or negative to the negative on the battery or whereever it will reach on the engine or body. The engine and battery are preferable. Just be sure it makes good contact, bare shiny metal is best, a quick rub with a file or sandpaper before you hook up is a good idea. Watch the guage on the charger as youwiggle the charger cables to see if it moves higher. If it does, clean up your contact points. Hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
Testimonial: "just perfect"
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 15, 2015 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Nov 02, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 27, 2012 | 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser
May 14, 2017 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jun 07, 2012 | 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jun 05, 2010 | 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jan 15, 2009 | 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Aug 27, 2008 | 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
181 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: