Question about Hyundai Elantra
AND ONLY FOURTH GEAR WHILE UNDERWAY
A lot of suggestions - however It could be one of numerous problems - worn sincro ring - however they would all be above your capacity to fix - consult a reputable auto shop - you need someone that knows what they are talking about to physically look at the car to solve the problem - this will save you a lot of time and expense and heartache. ?
Posted on Dec 24, 2014
4th Gear synchro ring damaged. Strip g/box to repair fault
Posted on May 11, 2014
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Dear vdizon it seems your bearings are slipping inside your transmission.
This is usually caused by inproper use or stress to the transmission. Changing gears at high revs and double clutching may have caused the bearings to wear, or a service on the gearbox has not been performed by factory recomendation. I advise you to book your car into your mechanic to confirm the problem before the proble escalades.
I hope this has helped you.
Posted on Apr 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve
3-4 Shift Valve Bore Plug
Burned, slipping, missing
4th Servo Cover
4th Servo Pin
4th Servo Piston
4th Servo Seals
Rolled, cut or damaged
Slipping or No Fourth Gear
Slipping or No Fourth Gear Checks
DEFINITION: A large engine RPM increase is noted in fourth gear, Drive range, with little or no vehicle forward speed increase. First, second, and third gear operation are normal. Shifts into fourth gear are soft or do not occur. Fourth gear ratio is 0.705:1.
Automatic Transmission Fluid Level
Low fluid level
Transmission Main Line Pressure
Low transmission main line pressure
Oil Filter Assembly
• The oil filter assembly (100) is missing, plugged, or damaged.
• The oil filter seal assembly (101) is missing or is damaged.
Control Valve Body Assembly
• The 3-4 shift valve (362) or the 4-3 manual downshift valve (360) is stuck or binding.
• Debris is found in the passages of the control valve body (301) or of the control valve body spacer plate and gasket assembly (396)
Case Cover Assembly
Distortion or damage occurs at the manual valve (404) or at the case cover (401), causing PRN oil leak.
Driven Sprocket Support Assembly
A plugged third clutch oil passage in the driven sprocket support assembly (609)
Fourth Clutch Assembly
• The clutch plates (500-502) are worn, damaged, or misassembled.
• A missing or not seated fourth clutch spring retaining ring (601)
• A damaged spring assembly (602) or piston (603)
• Worn or damaged fourth clutch piston seals (604, 605)
Third Clutch Sprag Assembly
• The sprag (720) was misassembled or backwards on the inner race (661).
• A damaged third clutch sprag assembly (653, 661, 719-721)
Dec 06, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Aug 06, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 16, 2012 | 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apr 10, 2017 | Chevrolet 3500 Cars & Trucks
Nov 10, 2010 | 2001 Audi A4
Apr 08, 2009 | 2002 Kia Sedona
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: