Question about 2000 Isuzu Rodeo
Replaced head gaskets , driver side has 0 compression
Cam timing not correct on that bank. Veryify cam timing. Not sure if the engine is a "zero clearance" engine but, if so, the cam timing error may have bent some valves! Oh nooooo!
Posted on Dec 13, 2014
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Remove and replace side mirror
take off inside panel of door...there are 3 nuts holding the mirror on...simply remove the 3 nuts and replace....pay attention to the brittleness of the inside panel....be gentle
Posted on Aug 09, 2009
This is the same for many years. I will send this in 2 post it is to long.
Hope this helps you.
From the '00 Rodeo workshop manual:
Cylinder Head Assembly
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
2. Disconnect connector of intake air temperature
sensor from intake air duct.
3. Remove PCV hose from air intake duct.
4. Remove nut from air intake duct bracket and loosen
hose clamp on throttle body. Remove air intake duct
assembly with air cleaner cover.
5. Remove intake air duct bracket from cylinder head.
6. Drain engine coolant.
7. Move drive belt tensioner to loose side using wrench
then remove drive belt.
8. Remove radiator upper hose from engine side.
9. Remove four nuts of exhaust front pipe.
10. Remove three bolts from generator bracket then
remove the generator with brackets.
11. Disconnect crankshaft angle sensor connector.
12. Disconnect knock sensor connector.
13. Remove heater hose from adapter side.
14. Remove heater hose from water pipe side.
15. Remove water hose between water pipe and throttle
16. Remove fuel pipe joint eye bolts from fuel rail
assembly and remove fuel pipe bracket with electric
17. Disconnect connector for evaporation valve.
18. Remove canister hose.
19. Remove fixing nut of intake manifold stay from
cylinder block side.
20. Remove two bolts from intake manifold for water pipe
support and remove cylinder head assembly.
21. Remove engine harness cover and disconnect three
connectors from chassis harness on left rear side
22. Disconnect connector for power steering pump
23. Remove four bolts and remove crankshaft pulley.
ENGINE MECHANICAL (X22SE 2.2L) 6A–23
24. Remove two bolts and nut then remove timing belt
25. Remove ventilation hose from cylinder block side and
from cylinder head side.
26. Remove two bolts, ignition cable cover and remove
ignition cables from spark plug.
27. Disconnect camshaft angle sensor connector.
28. Remove ten bolts and remove cylinder head cover.
29. Remove fixing bolt of timing belt tensioner then
remove timing belt tensioner.
30. Remove timing belt.
Do not bend or twist belt, otherwise its core could
be damaged. The belt should not be bent at a
radius less than 30 mm.
Timing belt drive gear counterhold with J–42620.
Do not allow oil or other chemical substances to
come in contact with the belt. They will shorten
Do not attempt to pry or stretch the belt with a
screw driver or any other tool during installation.
Store timing belt in cool and dark place. Never
expose the belt direct sunlight or heat.
31. Remove two idle pulleys, the left side with idle pulley
32. Remove two bolts and stud bolt and remove timing
belt rear cover.
33. Remove camshaft angle sensor
34. Disconnect engine oil pressure switch connector.
35. Remove camshaft assembly exhaust side.
36. Use J–42623 to remove ten cylinder head fixing bolts
6A–24 ENGINE MECHANICAL (X22SE 2.2L)
1. Put cylinder head gasket on the cylinder block.
2. Install the cylinder head assembly, tighten cylinder
head bolts by four steps tightening method in the
following sequence to the specified torque.(use
Torque: 25 N·m (18 lb ft) + 90 + 90 + 90
3. Install camshaft assembly exhaust side and tighten
camshaft bracket bolts in the sequence to the
Torque: 8 N·m (5.9 lb ft)
4. Connect engine oil pressure switch connector.
5. Install camshaft angle sensor.
6. Install the timing belt rear cover and tighten three
bolts to the specified torque.
M6 bolt: 6 N·m (4.4 lb ft)
M8 bolt: 8 N·m (5.8 lb ft)
7. Install left side idle pulley with idle pulley bracket,
tighten to the specified torque and install right side
idle pulley and tighten to the specified torque.
Torque: 25 N·m (18 lb ft)
ENGINE MECHANICAL (X22SE 2.2L) 6A–25
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
Yes, there is linkage that connects the two wipers. A nylon ball and socket joint connects the two, it wears out and can pop apart. By removing the black plastic grate at the edge of the hood the linkage can be accessed and popped back together. This may last for quite a while if high speed and snow slop is avoided. New parts can come from dealer or junk yard.
Posted on Jun 29, 2010
This has to do with the Auto's Computer system and should ONLY be done by a Factory Rep who knows what he/she are doing. not a home mechanic chore!!
Posted on Jul 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2017 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Apr 16, 2017 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Oct 27, 2016 | 2001 Toyota Sienna
May 02, 2016 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited
Mar 24, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 02, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 14, 2011 | 2000 Isuzu Rodeo
Oct 05, 2011 | 1997 Isuzu Rodeo
Sep 18, 2011 | Toyota Tacoma Cars & Trucks
142 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: