Question about 2000 Audi A4
Radio on safe mode
Call audi of america they will give you the code for ffree as long as you have the radio serail number and your vin number
Posted on Apr 16, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: radio safe code needed
You should have been given the radio code for the vehicle when purchased, if not you will have to visit your local audi dealer for them to obtain the code from germany, check your audio handbook to see if the code is in there
Posted on Feb 24, 2009
Er. That is why it is a *code*.
"There can only be one".
If you have no pin code you will have to pay the dealer to look it up in the database. If your radio is in the original vehicle, that should not be an issue.
I have never heard of anyone successfully 'hacking' an Audi radio code....
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
sorry to say, you will need to take it in, it needs to be hooked up to their computer to reset and have it start up poperly. It just like a pc when it crash it will try to start in safe mode until you select "Normal" start up
Posted on Oct 13, 2009
SOURCE: Safe mode in Audi Symphony radio
hold rbds and pscan till you see numbers then use the radio memory buttons to control the number you want to put in after the numbers are put in hold rbds pscan again till u see it says safe and radio works.
Posted on May 16, 2010
SOURCE: my radio is in 2
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have the security anti-theft code for your Audi radio from the car manufacturer, or from an Audi dealer!
The sequence of programming for Audi radio is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
3. By the #1 key you will set up the first safe code digit.
4. By the #2 key you will set up the second safe code digit.
5. By the #3 key you will set up the third safe code digit.
6. By the #4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on Nov 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 17, 2013 | Volkswagen Cars & Trucks
Nov 27, 2010 | 2006 Audi S4
Nov 20, 2010 | 2004 Audi TT
Apr 26, 2010 | 2000 Audi A4
Feb 07, 2010 | 2001 Audi A6
Nov 30, 2009 | Land Rover Defender Cars & Trucks
Oct 13, 2009 | 2001 Audi A4
Dec 24, 2008 | 1997 Volkswagen Golf
Aug 21, 2008 | 1994 Volkswagen Jetta
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!