Question about Audi A6
Removal of door handle (it has a keyless entry). Please help with relevent pictures
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: removal of frnt and rear
You need to use a small hook. Push it into the hole on the inside of the door where the round bung is.
Push forward on the plastic so it moves towards the front of the car then turn the hook towards you and pull back it shoould move a slide so you can remove the handle extension, you dont have to remove the colour coded cover from the outside.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
Removing the door is very tricky, trust me on this. I ended up breaking it the first time, so please learn from my mistake.
1. Remove all visible screws: 2 at bottom of door, 3 on front near hinge, 1 on inside the door lever. You will need an average size phillips screwdriver to do this.
2. On the door handle itself, you will see two circles. Pop the front one out. You will need a LARGE size phillips screwdriver to do this.
3. Once screws are removed, take a (standard) flat-head screwdriver, preferable one with a large face, and pry the triangular piece of plastic (that covers the outside SIDE mirror) off. This will aide in puting the door panel back on...TRUST ME!!!
4. Take the same flat-head screwdriver, and pry behind the door lock (at the same time, push forward toward the door hinge). The assembly should pop out.
5. Gently pry the door panel from the door, making sure not to break any unnecessary pieces along the way. The door panel should be hanging by the window sill opening.
6. This is where it will get tricky. It is advised that you use help with this part: Angle the door panel at a 45 degree angle. AT THE SAME TIME, slightly bend and twist the door lock handle until it fits through the hole. You will see the 3 pegs the held it in the door from before. Also note: Be careful not to break the 2 poles that are attached to the lock.
7. After popping the lock through the hole, you should be able to lift the door upward, and off the sill. Repeat these steps in reverse order to re-attach door panel.
Be careful not to rip sound-deadening paper found on inside of door unless you intend to remove or replace it! Not only does it prevent dirt and moisture from entering your door (and possible rusting it from the inside out), but it makes your speakers sound better too!
**It is also recommended to put a tiny bead of silicone on the inside of the door panel to help suppress any rattling, and prevent moisture and dust from entering. It also helps your screws obtain a tighter fit. Hope this helps!
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
hi there undo the phillips screw inside the handle the gently slide the whole handle outer casing to the right about 1 cm, it will help if you push it into the door as you do it to give it a little bit of help the feed the whole mechanism through the hole in the panel hey presto!
Posted on May 04, 2009
No Manual BUT I can tell you that All Door Pannels are attached By A Combo of SNAP Fasteners And Hidden Screws, Most Parts Stores Have the Tool Cor Pannel Removal"SNAPS" And If you LOOK VeryHard the Screws Can Be Found Some are Covered By Small Plastic Covers Witch a Flathead Screwdriver will Remove.
I Hope this Helps You
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 02, 2015 | 2004 Audi A6
Sep 24, 2014 | 2003 Audi A6
Jun 17, 2009 | 1997 Audi A6
Jun 01, 2009 | 2000 Audi A6
May 13, 2017 | 1998 Volvo V70
10 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: