The roof opening panel is an electronically operated panel that can be opened or closed by the roof opening panel switch. Actuating the switch in either a forward or rearward motion supplies a ground to the roof opening panel motor. The vent and soft-stop functions are controlled by the roof opening panel motor. These positions are obtained when an internal motor cam opens the roof position switch, removing the ground from the switch. The roof opening panel has an express open feature activated when the switch is pressed momentarily. The roof opening panel is closed by continuous activation of the switch until the sunroof stops movement. This function is controlled by the roof opening panel motor.
Visual Inspection Chart
- Roof opening panel
- Opening shield
- Roof panel frame
- Opening shield guide feet
- Central junction box (CJB) fuses:
- Battery junction box (BJB) fuse 1 (60A)
- Accessory delay relay
- Roof opening panel control switch
- Roof opening panel motor
- The roof opening panel does not open or close
- Central junction box (CJB) fuse:
- Battery junction box (BJB) fuse 1 (60A).
- Roof opening panel control switch.
- Roof opening panel motor.
Do the power windows and power locks work ?
E6 CHECK VOLTAGE TO THE ROOF OPENING PANEL MOTOR - CIRCUITS 400 (LB/BK) AND 1173 (BN/OG)
- Key in OFF position.
- Disconnect: Roof Opening Panel Motor C920.
- Key in ON position.
- NOTE: Activate accessory delay relay for this check.
- Measure the voltage between roof opening panel motor C920-4, circuit 400 (LB/BK), and ground; and between roof opening panel motor C920-7, circuit 1173 (BN/OG), and ground.
- Are the voltages greater than 10 volts?
GO to E7 .
REPAIR circuit 400 (LB/BK) or circuit 1173 (BN/OG). TEST the system for normal operation.
If you can't do electrical testing , there is a manual way to close it .
Roof Opening Panel Manual Operation
- Remove the overhead console. For additional information, refer to Overhead Console in this section.
- Insert a hex-head screwdriver in the center of the manual drive slot to depress the release pin. Rotate the screwdriver clockwise until the roof opening panel is closed.