Zero point calibration
Performing Zero Point Calibration using Diagnostic Computer.
The ECM memory should have been reset due to which the calibration of the accelerator pedal has been erased. Use a scan tool and calibrate deceleration sensor.
You can do the calibration by clicking Engine and ECT > > special function > > and then click "deceleration 0 point calibration" while you do that make sure that coolant temperature is 80 degrees Celcius, IGN switch is "ON" , engine "OFF" and your gear shift is on "P
Performing Zero Point Calibration WITHOUT using Diagnostic Computer
1. If the vehicle is equipped with A/T, ensure that the shift lever is in the "P" range and the parking brake is applied. If the vehicle is equipped with a M/T, ensure that the parking brake is applied.
2. Turn the ignition switch ON.
3. Using a paper clip or auto wire, repeat a cycle of short and open between terminals Ts and CG (Pin 12 and pin 4) of DLC3,(16 pin Data Link Connector located under the steering wheel side) 5times within 8 seconds.
4. Verify that the VSC indicator light is lit indicating the recorded zero point is erased.
5. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
6. Be sure the terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 are disconnected.
7. Turn the ignition switch ON.
8. Check that the VSC warning light goes off about 15 seconds after the ignition switch is turned ON.
9. After ensuring that the VSC warning light remains OFF for 2 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
10. Connect terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 using paper clip or auto wire.
11. Turn the ignition switch ON.
12. After turning the ignition switch ON, check that the VSC warning light is lit for about 4 seconds and then starts quick blinking at 0.13 second intervals.
13. After ensuring the blinking of the VSC warning light for 2 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
14. Remove the clip from terminals Ts and CG of DLC3.
15. Drive the vehicle for at least 5 minutes to confirm Zero Point Calibration is complete.
Thank you for visiting Fixya.
Aug 08, 2013 |
Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks