Question about 1994 Chevrolet K2500

1 Answer

Broken coolant hose "metal hose"

Hi, i have a serious problem.....i was working on my car yesterday...i was goanna get the valve covers off and so i struggled a little bit with wires and everything......but i finally got the wires out of the way....just when i was about to suceed i broke a coolant hose "i broke the very tip of it....

i mean....half of it is still in the TBI i think.....and i dont know how to get it out ....if you need more details i will give them to you

please help....! i mean help!

Posted by on

  • blueblink Jun 14, 2009

    no...i broke the part that has the end that has to be tighten.."cant explaint it real well....

    ok...think of have a pipe lets say...and you are going to hook it up to another happen to break it but half of the pipe stays in the hole.....this is what i mean.......

    it is in the very back of the engine......

  • the3car2004 May 11, 2010

    is there a clamp on the hose where it broke?



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 21 Answers

The fitting is made of cast aluminium and will split easilt with a small chisel and hammer.use the chisel to "cut" the fitting in two places opposite of each other,then drive the seperate halves away from the threads.use care not to damage the threads on the intake.a small pair of needle nose pliers may needed to get any pieces of fitting that drop into the hole.

Posted on Sep 06, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

No heat in 2005 explorer, the blower works, and it is not the heating coil

Is the system full of coolant ? Is the heater control valve opening an allowing coolant to go through the heater core ? Under the hood in engine compartment , on the heater hose , a metal or plastic round canister with vacuum hose hooked to it .You can google heater control valve for 2005 ford explorer to see what it looks like . When you find it ,with engine running pull the vacuum hose off to see it the valve opens an closes ! Feel the hose after the valve , is it hot ?

Aug 03, 2016 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

1999 dodge intrepid 2.7L I had a pretty loud tick

Valve covers are not made of plastic. They are either stamped mild steel or cast aluminum. It is very unlikely that whatever made the ticking sound would cause a valve cover to fracture without the engine misfiring noticeably or other serious issues occurring. Are you saying that since this "hole" appeared, the noise has stopped?

Judging from your description I would suggest having a qualified mechanic assess the problem before driving the car much further. If something has broken in the valve train and metal fragments have gotten into the oil it can cause catastrophic damage to the engine.

Oct 15, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where is the pcv valve located ?

It is a hose with a metal/plastic made one way valve. Locate on top of your engine oil cover ( you could see it by the side of the cover ), the air which came from the over excess compress gas from piston, its called blowback.
The blow back gas goes through that PVC valve and goes back to the intake manifold.
Just look for the hose from the cover of the engine and connected to the airfilter intake hose! Look at the hose closely between end you will see the valve.
Hope that helps you out!

Jun 22, 2011 | 2004 Mitsubishi Galant

1 Answer

Leaking oil front right of engine 323i 2000?

This could be power steering fluid...a common leak on all BMW's or an upper valve cover gasket leak.

The hoses on the power steering are clamped with a ring clamp and the rubber shrinks slightly and fluid leaks out. You can replace all those clamps with conventional Hose Clamps from your parts store. The power steering oil reservoir has a lower hose from it which commonly leaks.

It leaks onto the coolant hose running below it and the coolant hose eventually splits, discharging all the coolant.

If it is the cam cover gasket, this involves a little more work. The gasket is available from you dealer or parts house.

Feb 16, 2011 | 1999 BMW 323 Series

1 Answer

Need to replace thermostat on 2003 Honda Odyssey, and need directions. Can you help?

Drain the radiator by removing the drain plug on the lower right side. If the coolant is fairly new, save it and reuse it. While the radiator is draining, find the code for the car stereo. It should be in with the owner's manual or sales paperwork. (You will need this code later because you are going to disconnect the battery and remove it for access to the thermostat.) Remove the battery. Follow the lower radiator hose to the engine to locate the thermostat housing. Loosen the hose clamp and detach the hose. If it feels stuck, try to twist it first--then pull it off.Remove the thermostat cover bolts and detach the housing cover. If it is stuck, tap it with a soft-face hammer to jar it loose. Be prepared for some additional coolant to spill when the gasket seal is broken. Remove all traces of the old gasket. Install a new rubber seal over the new thermostat and install into the housing. Make sure the jiggle valve is on top and the spring side of the thermostat is directed into the engine. Replace the housing cover and bolt up. Replace the radiator hose. Replace the battery. Refill with coolant. Use the stereo code to get the radio to work.

Jan 29, 2011 | 2003 Honda Odyssey

2 Answers

Broken coolant line.

I'm not sure if you can buy just that piece, it's recomended that you replace the entire heater hose assembly.
For reference the NAPA p/n is BK 8155114 go to thier web site and verify this is the part you're needing to replace.
You should flush and replace the coolant if it old.
Hope this help you with your problem.

Jun 10, 2010 | 1997 Mercury Sable

1 Answer

1993 gmc sierra c1500 radiator hose broken

Loosen the plastic petcock valve at the bottom of the radiator to drain the coolant from the radiator, loose and remove both hose clamps slide them down away from the clamping area then take a pair of large channel lock pliers and sqeeze gently and turn the rubber hose to crack the bond that exists between the rubber hose and the metal tube, be sure not to squeeze too tight when getting the hose to turn, proceed to pull the hose off. Install the new hose with clamps slide the clamps over the hose ends and tighten them being sure to locate them 1/4" from the end of the hose, refill radiator and check for leaks.

Dec 06, 2009 | 1993 GMC Sierra

2 Answers

Coolant leak at intake 1994 Buick LeSabre 3.8 ltr

There are several areas of possible leakage. One is the hose and plastic outlet from the intake manifold on the passenger side of the engine. The hose runs low, underneath the alternator. The plastic outlet cracks, the hose gets old, the clamps on the hose can also be loose. The replacement outlet from the dealer is steel, not plastic.
Another possibility for leakage is on the driver's side of the intake manifold. Underneath the air inlet is a metal cover on the end of the intake manifold. This covers the coolant passages at the end of the intake. Mine was oozing don't have to pull the intake to replace this.
The other place for leaks is the intake itself..requiring removal of the intake. I've done this...I don't think it is that bad of a job. However, if you put in a new intake, don't forget to put in a pcv fits under a small cover at the right rear of the intake manifold.

Nov 21, 2009 | 1994 Buick LeSabre

1 Answer

Procedure for inspection of lifters or R&R on cylinder head....

I see now;
do a compression check on the cylinders
this will answer the question if a lifter or, valve is damaged the cylinder pressure will be low

May 29, 2009 | 2002 Jaguar S-Type

3 Answers

Camaro z28

Time to switch to a Toyota pal

Jul 14, 2008 | 1995 Chevrolet Camaro

Not finding what you are looking for?
1994 Chevrolet K2500 Logo

Related Topics:

75 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chevrolet Experts


Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8273 Answers

Are you a Chevrolet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides