How do iremove front seat from a 1997 honda accord
1. Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the radio and the navigation system, then write
down the frequencies for the preset buttons.
2. Tilt the steering wheel all the way up and telescope it all the way in.
3. '04-07 models passenger's seat: Carefully insert the tip of a small screwdriver (A) through
the hole in the back of the front seat belt lower anchor cover (B) and into the hole in the
front seat belt lower anchor (C). Unlock the lower anchor by pushing in on the screwdriver.
Remove the screwdriver, and then detach the front seat belt anchor plate (D) and anchor
cover from the lower anchor.4. Slide the seat all the way forward, then remove the seat track end covers from the back of both seat tracks.5. Slide the seat about half way to the rear so you can access the seat mounting bolts. If equipped with the driver's 8-way power seat, fully raise the seat.
6. If equipped with a side airbag, disconnect the negative cable from the battery, and wait at
least 3 minutes before removing the seat. 7. Remove the bolts securing the front seat. 8. Lift up the front seat, then detach the harness clip and disconnect the connector.
If equipped, the seat heater connector on the 2-way power seat and passenger's
manual seat. '04-07 models, disconnect the seat position sensor subharness connector on the
driver's manual height adjustable seat and the driver's 8-way power seat.
9. With the help of an assistant, carefully remove the front seat through the front door opening. 10. Install the seat in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
Apply medium strength type liquid thread lock to the front seat mounting bolts
Make sure each connector is plugged in properly.
Tighten the seat mounting bolts to the specified torque in the sequence shown.
Slide the seat all the way back and tighten then slide it forward and
tighten Before attaching the lower anchor bolts, make sure there are no twists or kinks in
the seat belts. 04-07 models passenger's seat: The triangle marks on the anchor plate and
the lower anchor must face the same side. Insert the anchor plate into the lower
anchor, and make sure that it is locked securely. If equipped with a side airbag, reconnect the negative cable to the battery. Enter the anti-theft codes for the radio and navigation system, then enter the radio station presets. Reset the clock. Your all done. Drink a cold beverage and enjoy the rest of your weekend! hope this helps. Dave
Jun 16, 2011 |
1997 Honda Accord