Question about Honda Cars & Trucks
I have lost my fob and my other key keeps setting alarm off, what can i do.
You can purchase a key fob from your dealer and they will have to program it to your car. The security system can be disconnected but it is not advised.
Posted on Jun 25, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Insert the key into the door lock on the driver side and move it to the unlock position two times quickly. That should turn off the alarm.
Posted on Dec 27, 2010
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
SOURCE: i have a grand voyager
dont go through all the hassles of removing the door trim just take the terminal off the battery for about a minute then reconect again worked on mine good luck
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
SOURCE: Audi A4 2003 Alarm Problem
There is a few things to do check the door switches that control dome lights, check wire down by the skid plate when you get oil changed there is a sensor for the starter there if it is stolen the alarm will go off or just take a BAT and BEAT the living **** out of your horn and call it good like I am going to. I hope this helped or will help I recommend an aluminum bat vrs. wood
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
Try this,,turn the key on ,wait 10 minutes,then turn the key off,then right back on,do this three times,a total of 30 minutes,this should reset the key fob,if this is the problem.
Posted on Apr 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2015 | 2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe
Jan 15, 2013 | 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier
Nov 02, 2011 | 1995 Chrysler Concorde
Jun 05, 2011 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix
Mar 06, 2011 | 1999 Saturn SL
May 04, 2010 | 1999 Mercury Cougar
Nov 29, 2008 | 2005 Ford Focus
335 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!