Question about 2006 Toyota Yaris 1.5
Pick up became very DULL as engine got hot plus knocking also appears,
The reasons are follows:
- Contaminated fuel.
- Knock sensor poor performance.
- Check exhaust system. If clogged, remove or replace the honey comb porcelain.
- Check ignition timing with scan tool at idle speed. (5 - 8 degrees BTDC).
- Check engine oil level. If the oil level is low, it may be one of the reasons for knocking, because oil may be burning during the combustion.
- Check fuel pump pressure. ( 41 - 49 psi).
- Remove negative battery terminal for 5 Sec or more. Reconnect the terminal. Close all doors, remove all electrical loads like room light, parking lights, blower motor etc. Start the engine and hold the throttle at 3000 rpm till the radiator fan becomes on to complete the idle speed relearn process. Release accelerator pedal after the radiator fan becomes on, and let it idle for 7 min more.
- Switch off the engine for 3 sec and you can then start and drive the car comfortably.
Hope that works.
Posted on Mar 22, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Yes, vitz 2006 got idle engine stopping system.
I got the same model and was told by my mechanic that these car have that system installed.
Also you can notice yourself that when you are reducing the speed while turning or stopping, you can feel the engine going to die. i mean idling it self.
I h ope you get my point as its hard for me to explain
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
SOURCE: My Toyota Vitz has a
Knocking can be caused by a bad bearing somewhere in the engine. When the engine is accelerated it might go away due to higher oil pressure.
When did you have the oil changed and how many miles does it have?
Is the knocking rapid (5 or 6 times a second) or periodic (1 or 2 times a second)?
Some knocking is due to low octane gasoline if you experience it at highway speed.
Good luck on solving this knocking problem.
Posted on Oct 07, 2010
SOURCE: i am using toyota vitz
not sure exactly what you mean but iam assuming you mean the ABS light comes on then the vehicle stops ?' if this is the case clean the sensors on each wheel as they could be dirty with a lot of metal dust sticking to the sensors ,which is throwing the light on which is causing the computer to detect a fault and shut the car down
Posted on Dec 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2017 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
Jan 16, 2014 | 1997 Toyota Tacoma
Jan 13, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 16, 2011 | 2007 Toyota Yaris
Jan 13, 2011 | Chevrolet Lumina APV Cars & Trucks
Oct 07, 2010 | 2007 Toyota Yaris
Feb 05, 2010 | 2007 Toyota Yaris
Apr 29, 2009 | 1998 Nissan Maxima
205 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: