Re: I can't open the rear door to my LR3, the other doors...
Hi i think i have the same problem when i unlock the rear door it makes the sound like the lock is openning but then it closes again, and it doesnt let me open the tailgate door. i have tried to hold the unlock and lock button for 3 seconds but it still doenst work would like to know if u have solved the problem and how ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
page 14 of your owners manual shows how to lock unlock the child proof setup on door -----open door and by latch will see the the lock move to unlock position ! CAUTION LOCKING WITH REAR DOOR CHILDPROTECTORS Turn the lock knob to the "LOCK" position as shown on the label. This feature allows you to lock a rear door so it can be opened from the outside only, not from inside. We recommend using this feature.... the link is a copy of your owners manual 1996 Toyota Camry Owners Manual
stick key in driver door lock and unlock it. If that works, now see if the remote will unlock the door or doors..i remember reading in an owners manual once where you can program which doors open and close by they way you press and hold down the two main buttons, also after a battery change in the remote, i think, but not sure, i did this on a blazar i once owned... the owners manual said, that you had to be within 20 feet and press and hold down both buttons till it makes the arming sound.... Can i get some feedback cause im curious..thanks.
sequence for freelander lock unlock, to lock 1press = door lock ,
2press = door dead lock , to unlock 1 press = driver door unlock, 2
press = passenger doors unlock, also rear window can be operated from
fob to do so press and hold unlock button for 3 or more seconds and
rear window will roll down.neat feature.hope this helps
1. Close all doors 2. Insert key into ignition 3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel, continue to hold down until instructed to release in step 9. 4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in a fairly rapid succession. 5. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.) 6. Turn the ignition to the OFF position. 7. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.) 8. Turn the ignition to the OFF position. 9. Release the power UNLOCK button on the door panel. The vehicle should respond by door locks locking and unlocking automatically. (If locks do not cycle after you let go, not before you let go of the unlock button, then the vehicle has not entered programming mode and you must start procedure over. Remove key from ignition, open drivers door and return to step 1 ). If the locks do cycle automatically then proceed to step 10. 10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote until the doors lock and unlock. This may take up to 30 seconds. 11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional remote. (Including any existing remotes). 12. Turn the ignition to the ON position to exit the programming mode. 13. Test remote(s).
If its a problem that the rear door handle is stuck in the upper position, then you need to use a screwdriver to pull the handle down , then use wd40 and spray up into the handle mechanism. Its common that handles stick, due to road dirt wafting up there as you drive along.
If this is not the case , and its due to the lock mechanism itself, then you will have to get into the rear compartment and remove the door trim pad, then pull the plastic protection away and get access to the lock mechanism. Check that a lock rod has not broken or fallen off, try to lift the unlock rod and see if the door opens, in which case you can adjust the rod and that should do the trick, it maybe that you need a new mechanism, they can fail.
Hope this helps
1) Unlock all doors from driver's door while it is open. The driver's door is the only door to remain open during this process! 2) Turn the key from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the eighth turn ending in RUN. All the doors will lock and unlock if program is successful. 3) Turn key OFF and remove key from ignition. Within 20 seconds, press any button on the remote. (Press sliding door or rear hatch and it will open!) 4) If door locks do not respond, wait several seconds and press button again. If doors still fail to respond, try repeating steps (1-3).