Question about 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
The four screws I removed were two from each side and four from inside the larger compartment.
On most GM consoles, you unscrew the compartment door and it should lift out to see what is holding it. Or there is an ashtray or cupholder in the back. There could be a screw under it. Or, if all the screws are out, lift front a bit then pull back. Do not forget the shifter knob.
Posted on Dec 23, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
have to shift out of park engine off key on and their will be a pin or screw on the front side of gear shifter
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2016 | 2005 Acura TL
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION (Continued)
Gear Shift - Floor Mounted
1. Raise the vehicle and disconnect the transmission
shift cable from the lower selector lever.
2. Disconnect the four nuts that attach the housing 6. Remove the whole floor shift housing by lifting
to the floorpan. vertically
1. To install the floor shift housing to the floorpan
reverse the above instructions in order 6, 5, 4.
2. Place the selector lever in the 'P' position.
3. Raise the vehicle.
4. Reconnect the four nuts that attach the housing to
5. Install the shift cable back onto the lower selector
6. Tighten the lock nut to the required torque to 28
7. Lower the vehicle and check transmission
operation in each selector lever detent position.
3. Lower the vehicle. 8. Check that the mode light functions correctly. For
4. Remove the centre console (Refer to section further information, refer to Section 307-05.
5. Detach the back light bulb/wiring.
I6 Floor mount shift components
Jan 12, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 12, 2013 | 1997 Jaguar XK8
Jan 10, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 17, 2011 | 2006 Toyota Corolla
Mar 04, 2011 | 2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
May 06, 2010 | 2008 Dodge Avenger
Jan 19, 2010 | 1990 Mazda MX-5
Mar 15, 2009 | 2004 Lincoln Navigator
Jan 21, 2009 | 1986 Saab 900
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!