Question about Dodge Ram 1500

1 Answer

Change orifice tube

How do I change the a/c orifice tube in a 2007 ram, and where is it?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Top Expert:

    An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.

  • Dodge Master
  • 76,848 Answers

It is part of the high pressure line (small line) from the compressor, to replace it you must replace the line assembly. Part is about $30.00

Posted on Mar 20, 2014


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to change a ac orifice tube on a 2004 mercury monterey

Evacuate the system. Disconnect the AC line at the evaporator inlet. Remove orifice tube. Pull a vacuum and recharge. But, if the orifice tube is plugged, you're most likely wasting your time. You'll have to flush the entire system and see what comes out. In most cases you have to replace the condenser and accumulator as well. Whatever plugged the orifice tube will just re-plug it once you replace it

Aug 11, 2017 | Mercury Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where is the orifice tube on a 2007 vw jetta 2.5

Your VW Jetta doesn't have an orifice tube, this system uses an Expansion Valve (see photo) it is located at the inlet to the AC Evaporator core. It is likely behind the glove box insert.

Aug 14, 2016 | Volkswagen Jetta Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where is the orifice tube on a 2006 dodge ram 1500

It is what is called a fix orifice made in to the high side line.. the small line on passenger side of truck .look for a crimp in line and that is were it is . I have seen them put the orifice at the condenser behind grill.

Jun 19, 2015 | 2006 Dodge Ram 1500

1 Answer

What is the location, and removal process, for the orifice tube / expansion valve for the 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 litre V-8 Magnum truck?

It's located in the liquid line between the condenser and evaporator. It can not be removed. You must replace this line.

Jul 13, 2014 | 1999 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

How could i find a/c orifice tube in mt 2007 Suzuki Forenza

old post.
in the evap expansion valve.
in the HVAC, A/C evaporator core, very close to there, for reasons of physics.

Jun 04, 2014 | Suzuki Forenza Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

AC blowing hot, low side pressure very high, line is freezing and compressor is running

The only place that it could be blocked at is at your orifice tube in one of the lines. In order to change it you will need to drain the system replace the orifice then recharge it. Make sure you put new o-ring/gasket and oil them. your local parts dealer (napa, autozone) should be able to tell you about where to start looking and describe it better.Also i highly recomend you take it to a shop to have it charged because they will run a leak check before they charge it.

Aug 04, 2012 | 2007 Dodge Ram 2500

1 Answer

Where is orifice tube on a 2007 jeep liberty

think i just fouond it. it is near the firewall on the same line where you find the fitting to add coolant. it is in the rubber portion of that line ( i htink that is called the liquied line)

Aug 03, 2012 | Jeep Liberty Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

What is the purpose, and what is the proper location of the orifice tube in the air conditioning system on my 1991 chevy silverado?

The orifice tube restricts the flow of refrigerant to the evaporator. This restriction allows high pressure liquid freon to change into low pressure freon before entering the evaporator. The orifice tube is located inside the hose running between the condenser and the evaporator. You'll need an orifice tube removal kit if you are looking to remove it.

Aug 23, 2010 | 1991 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

1 Answer

Looking For orfice Tube on 2000 Grand Prix 3.8 Liter .need to change it if it has one along with accumalator

Recover the refrigerant. Remove the engine air cleaner.Remove the vacuum brake booster. Remove the condenser tube. Remove the expansion (orifice) tube: Use needle-nose pliers in order to grip the orifice tube. Use a turning motion along with a push-pull motion in order to loosen the impacted orifice tube. Remove the orifice tube.
Important: DO NOT use any solvents or chemicals to clean the expansion (orifice) tube porous plastic inlet filter. Inspect the expansion (orifice) tube for the following conditions and clean or replace with a new tube as indicated: Broken plastic frame, Inlet filter damaged or plugged with fine gritty material, replace tube. Inlet filter coated with metal chips, flakes, or slivers; coating may be removed with low pressure shop air ONLY and reused if cleaned satisfactorily. If reusing the tube, discard the O-ring seals and replace. This is from the gm service CD manual. keep me posted and good luck

Jun 29, 2009 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

1 Answer

1999 Dodge Ram AC blows cold at idle and up to 40 mph

Most likely the orifice tube/expansion valve needs to be replaced. Depending on the type of system, you will have one or the other but they both perform the same function. The expansion valve is typically located at the evaporator inlet. Orifice tubes can be located at the evaporator inlet, in-line between the condenser and the evaporator, or in the condenser outlet. You will have to discharge the system in order to replace. Not very hard to do.

Jun 08, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

106 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

76848 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22246 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides