Question about 1984 Ford Bronco

1 Answer

What is the name of the part that comes out of the clutch housing and attaches to the back of the slave cylinder on a Ford Bronco '84

Thank you for the help

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 2 tips or uploaded 1 video tip.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 58 Answers

Release arm

Posted on Mar 19, 2014

  • riverotter
    riverotter Mar 19, 2014

    or clutch fork



6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 50 Answers

SOURCE: 2001 ford ranger clutch

have you check the slave cylinder to see if its moving when someone puts there foot on the clutch.
And check the adjustment on the master cylinder.

Posted on Sep 18, 2008

  • 25 Answers

SOURCE: replaced clutch & slave cylinder on 2001 ford ranger can't bleed

Do a web search on it, and it will tell you the proper way to bleed it.

Posted on Dec 06, 2008

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: replaced slave cylinder 2004 ford ranger 4x4 still no pedal

I had the same problem with my 1995 1500 p.u.. Assuming your clutch slave cylinder is the concentric style. If not disregard. I hate that set up. what the hell was wrong with the old outside of the bell housing slave/ mechanical style fork and throw out bearing bla bla? Its because ford as well of the rest of the lovely auto makers decided long ago to make them as hard as hell to repair on you own. Ive been told theres a spsecial tool just for this bleeding task. Pobably. They make those tools to sell to us so they can further profit from us poor suckers.Also I wonder on your model if its concentric, does it have the difficult sized bleeder valve as mine did? or have they gotten a little more user friendly? doubt it. In my case as this style is a closed system I followed the bleeding intructions to a tee. That did get alot more clutch action for me, after 15 attempts.However I do believe the problem after looking and further inspection under the dash? look up under the dash and inspect your pedal rack and frame. I found mine was cracked and the cause of poor aliegnment. check for that rite away. I located another rack but before I got around to replacing it, the tranny blew, and the trucks sitting on my dads property. Its still a danmed good truck and one of these days I will get on it again. Anyway up untill the tranny blew I was never able to get more than half the distance from the pedal and besides the rack problem I would love to know the bleeding anser, that is if Im off target. Going to be up against it again when I replace that transmission. Hope this helps a little. Food for thought maybe? If you find out something more helpful post it so I will know too.

Posted on Dec 22, 2008

  • 8 Answers

SOURCE: 1993 Ford Ranger 4x4 clutch slave cylinder

In my experience, the main cause of a problem like this is either due to incorrect installation or not using an OEM slave cylinder! As far as the clutch wear, when replacing a clutch it is absolutely necessary to have the flywheel machined at a machine shop!

Posted on Aug 01, 2009

  • 490 Answers

SOURCE: i have A 1998 FORD RANGER EXT. CAB W/ 6 CYL.- 4.0

Take the top off the master cyl and slowly very slow push in on the clutch and watch for any bubbles comming up.Replace the top and pump pressure and bleed at the master direct by using the lines for bleeders.

Posted on Aug 13, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is bleeder valve for slave cylinder located on my 1987 ford bronco II

It is on top of the bell housing,it looks just like a brake bleeder ,you bleed it in the same way as brakes.jar and long hose,push the clutch peddle down with hose in jar,hold peddle down,open the bleeder valve,you will hear bubbles in fluid,close valve.repeat it 3 times,peddle will get stiff if hydraulics are good.

Jul 16, 2015 | 1987 Ford Bronco II

1 Answer

Where is th bleed plug for hyd clutch on 1999 Ford F350?

normally on the top end of the slave cylinder
If the slave cylinder is inside the bell housing ,there will be a bleed nipple attached to the side of the housing.

Mar 13, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Hydraulic leaking

Do you have a hydraulic operated clutch? The slave cylinder for a hydraulic clutch would be on or sometimes inside the bell housing. Some ford and chevy trucks put the slave cylinder in a very difficult to reach place-the transmission has to be removed to service the slave cylinder. Most cars have the slave cylinder mounted on the outside of the bell housing. If they leak, replace or rebuild, although those internal slave cylinders I think can only be replaced.

Dec 31, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Clutch pedal was ok, 84 Ford F150 4x4 351 W w/4speed, then went to the floor?

Sounds like the slave cylinder went out. If it's inside the bell a complete clutch job while you are at it.

Jun 06, 2012 | 1984 Ford F 150

2 Answers

Can you adjust the clutch pedal on a 1990 full size bronco

The clutch is operated hydraulically, and there is no adjustment. If your problem is that the clutch will not disengage or is hard to disengage you may be low on fluid or have air in the line. There may be a leak either at the master cylinder or the clutch slave cylinder. Bleeding the slave cylinder may restore pedal pressure. If the problem is that the clutch engages high on the pedal the problem is likely a worn clutch disc.

Jul 30, 2011 | 1990 Ford Bronco

1 Answer

F250 1995 clutch slave cylinder

Welcome to Fixya

You didn't mention in your question what you want to do with the clutch slave cylinder. Anyway, if you want to replace it, please see procedure below:

Since it is a pressurized system, remember to bleed out the fluid before completing the job so that you remove any dangerous air pockets in the lines. Remove the connector to the clutch, the tube that runs hydraulic fluid from the master cylinder, and the two bolts connecting the cylinder to the bell housing. Take the new slave cylinder, fill it accordingly with fluid, re-attach it, run the fluid through the system, and test the resulting pressure.

Thank you for using Fixya!

Jul 06, 2011 | Ford F-250 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Slave cylinder leaks

the clip that retains the hose into the slave must be bent or otherwise damaged, nothing else will cause this. u should be able to buy the clip.

May 20, 2009 | 1990 Ford Bronco

1 Answer

Slave cylinder disconnect

insert the tool in front off the plastic sleeve they are prone to be stuck. this is very common . as a rule off thumd i replace the master and the slave when iam doing the clutch any way and at times i have had to replace the line because it would not come of . you can disconnect the line at the master by removing the roll pin that holds the line

Feb 06, 2009 | 1988 Ford Bronco II

1 Answer

1986 bronco II no clutch

Where is the fluid coming out? Sounds like a loose hose/line or bad clutch master

Jan 25, 2009 | 1988 Ford Bronco II

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

21 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

76848 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22246 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5546 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides