Question about Cars & Trucks
I have replaced my instrument cluster once already and it is still having the same problem the gas gauge and temp gauge go up automatically and the car is not shifting I don't have a problem with the cooling system and the car should be reading empty on gas. Don't know what to do I just recently replaced the vss and the throttle position sensor im at a loss.
Most times it is relative to the code settings in the cars computer brain. The dealership has the tools to reset the codes and get this back in operation. You do not have the necessary tools.
Posted on Mar 17, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Same as 2 dr, or a stick.
There are bezel screws that hold the plastic trim (pointing up towards the windshield), you nee to remove these 2 screws. The bottom section is clipped in. Tilt the steering wheel down as far as it will go.
Once you have the bezel off, there are 4 screws holding the cluster to the dash. Remove them and gently pull the cluster forward. Reach around (expect to get scraped knuckles) and unclip the speedo cable, and two large multipin connectors. Don't force anything.
Getting the cluster out after this point is a test of your patience. It only seems to come out one particular way.
Posted on Aug 22, 2009
Firstly - DO NOT run engine, when guage reads hot, as this will cause costly damage to head gasket & alloy engine head.
The fact that guage takes 1min to read HOT, would confirm the guage IS working properly.
So, other components which are likely to cause hot readings (in this order) are:
- lack of coolant (or leakage somewhere): is there sufficient green coolant at the correct level? Top up mixture to correct level. Repair any leaks.
- collapsed radiator hose: when engine is cold, start engine, then quickly watch both upper & lower radiator hoses to see if either begins to flex inwards (collapse). Replace if either hose is collapsed.
- bad/incorrect thermostat rating : when replacing thermostats, you must ensure it is of the SAME temp rating (they all differ).
- Incorrect Temp sensor rating: the ratings of this sensor must be within manufacturer's spec's.
- bad waterpump: the engine relies on the waterpump to distribute the coolant throughout the entire system. If waterpump is faulty, coolant will not flow quick enough, causing overheating.
If you still believe all of the above components are OK, then have your cooling system "pressure tested". This test should be done, before looking further at other electrical components.
"if this has helped you in any way, please rate this solution"
Posted on Jan 27, 2010
SOURCE: 1997 Honda accord nothing on
1997 Honda accord nothing on instrument cluster works,only the battery light. Power windows will not work. shift lock solenoid doesn't work.Digital clock does not work. Lights on the console shifter don't light up. Help!
Posted on Sep 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2013 | 1991 Honda Accord
Mar 19, 2013 | 1997 Honda Accord
Sep 03, 2012 | 1995 Honda Civic
Dec 31, 2010 | 2001 Honda Accord
Oct 19, 2009 | 1995 Honda Civic
Jul 24, 2008 | 1998 Honda Accord
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!