Question about Cars & Trucks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
My 1987 4 runner won't start after driving around. I can charge or jump battery and the 4 runner will start, changed the altanater and battery also going to change starter HELP
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
try this and see if it helps.
, Get a can of intake cleaner from any local parts store, not carb spray, intake cleaner, it is made by a company called CRC, remove the air intake hose to the engine, hold the idle high so the engine won't stall, then spray the can of cleaner into the intake while keeping the engine running, use at least 1/2 the can, shut down the engine and disconnect the battery for 5 minutes, then restart and complete a number of mixed driving cycles, town, freeway, stop and go etc., after a few days the problem will go away as the system will relearn to the clean intake.
Posted on Jan 06, 2010
SOURCE: The shift linkage on my
The procedure to replace shift linkage on 2002 Chevy Trailblazer is as follows:---
The tools you will need to do this job is small metric socket, Phillips screwdriver and a couple slot blade (regular) screwdrivers.
1) First disconnect the negative terminal of car battery.Its for safety purpose.
2) Remove the inside compartment of the console.Its fitted by six screws.The screws are bit hidden.There is a rubber thing which comes out.As the rubber thing comes out,lift the compartment. Now, under that compartment there are two small screws with metric heads, just remove those screws by 1/4" socket wrench set with two long extensions, now, you have to remove the two cup holders in front and you will find two more metric headed screws.Remove that also.
3) Now its time to remove the shifter knob and shift boot.To remove this use the small star end on a nut driver handle, remove the set screw in the base of the shifter knob (drivers side) and remove the knob and shift boot.
4) Now remove the console, you might have to un-plug some of the wires Now the end of the shift cable will be visible in front of the shifter.
5) Make sure the shifter in the Park position.
6) After reaching this step,you need to jack the car up.Make sure it isn't going anywhere by placing blocks in back of the rear wheels.
7) Then crawl under and locate the cable end at the transmission, and using a flat blade screwdriver, separate (pry) the end of the cable off the end of the trans lever (which has a locking ball on it).
8) This cable is held in a bracket.you have to locate a clip near the end and pry it down to free the cable from the bracket. Now follow the cable to where it enters the floor, there is a rubber boot (part of the cable) the pushes out under the carpet.You will have to pry up the pieces on the drivers door entrance to free up the carpet.
9) Now use a screwdriver (Slot head) to pry the cable off of the shifter end (should have a retaining ball like the trans did). Pull the cable out and get ready to put the new one in.
The safety points:--
1) Before removing any part or cable or screw.Mark it with a marker,for its exact position.
2) When you jack the car up on jack stands.Please take care that its properly jacked up and its properly supported,because you have to crawl under the car to release the old cable.
3) If you have a web cam or mobile with a camera in it,then take the pictures if the part.So that while refitting,you dont face any kind of problem.
4)If possible try this in day time only.It requires proper light to see the parts.
5) Dont forget to connect any part.Dont forget to reconnect negative terminal of your trailblazers battery,which you removed for safety reasons.
This should help.Thanks.Helpmech.
Posted on Jan 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2016 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
Apr 17, 2015 | 1998 Chevrolet K2500
Oct 13, 2013 | 2005 Chevrolet Uplander
May 14, 2017 | 1992 Honda Accord
Aug 09, 2017 | Chevrolet Silverado Cars & Trucks
Oct 25, 2012 | 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Nov 15, 2011 | 1998 Isuzu Rodeo
Sep 02, 2011 | 2004 Pontiac Montana
May 26, 2011 | Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Cars & Trucks
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!