Question about Toyota Corolla
Check that the remote is operating the immobiliser to allow it to start.
Posted on Feb 17, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Key Does Not Work
It could be that chip inside key just went bad. Do u have a 3rd key? That works? If so take the 2 good keys and turn the igntion to run postion for 3 secs each then do the same for the 3rd key and this will reprogram it if the chip is ok. If you do not have 2 good keys then u will have to have a scan tool that will link up with PATS system and perform security access to reprogram it.
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
no you don't have to have it done at dealership. i bought mine on ebay got it cut at walmart and it works. you need the two originals, turn the ignition to on and then off 4 times (i think it was) with the first two then put your spare key in and do the same. and it will work.
The timing is critical to this procedure, please read through the entire procedure before attempting.
1. Insert one of the pre-programmed transponder keys and turn the ignition to "on", leave on for at least one second (I wait until the red key symbol in the instrument cluster extiinguishes), remove the key from the ignition.
2. Within 5 seconds insert the second pre-programmed key and urn the ignition to "on" for at least one second but no more than 5 seconds (use the key symbol for this as well) then remove the second key.
3. within 10 seconds insert the new key in the ignition and turn the ignition to "on", if you are successful the red key symbol will illuminate then extinguish after about a second.
If you are not successful the red key symbol will flash repeatedly to indicate that you have inserted an invalid key. Remove the key, wait a minute and try it again, it took me a few times to get it perfect and I had done it before.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
IF YOU TYPE 1999 RENAULT LAGUNA REPROGRAMME KEY INTO A GOOGLE SEARCH, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PRINTOFF INSTRUCTIONS TO REPROGRAMME THE KEY TO THE KEY READER.THE IGNITION NEEDS TO BE OFF TO DO THIS
Posted on Dec 02, 2009
SOURCE: My remote start is disabled.
you may have to take it back to the place that install it for you they be able to reset the codes in it and you be good to go wish you the best of luck Michigan Man.
Posted on Dec 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 10, 2010 | 2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Jan 25, 2010 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Sep 30, 2017 | 2006 Chevrolet Malibu
Nov 07, 2009 | 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix
Sep 19, 2009 | 2000 BMW 3 Series
Oct 19, 2008 | 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Remote Control Fob Procedures:
The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls
the door locking, door super locking and emergency hazard reminders.
When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.
A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed:
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote
control plip key.
1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
2. Next, turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. Wait 2 seconds then the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key's.
9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
10. Remove key, and check all plip key's for operation.
NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys
have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received
for 120 seconds.
i hope this can help you.. :)
Jul 28, 2008 | 2005 Nissan Sentra
Dec 11, 2017 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: