Question about 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
The buttons on the key fobs work intermittently, and will always start the vehicle.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
start the car. if that dose not work remove ground form battery then after it stops put ground back on that will reset the alarm.
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
Testimonial: "started the car, shut it off and the alarm quit. But now none of the features work on my key fob."
It sounds like your FOB needs to be reprogrammed, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org around thursday and I will try to email you the programming instructions for that, If I am not able to you will need to call a locksmith with a T-Code or MVP Pro key programmer or DODge to programm your remote to your ECU
Posted on Oct 31, 2010
SOURCE: How to program a used
If this is an used FOB,you will need to take it back to the dealer as the only way to program the fob is with a scan tool. They should do it for free any way as they lost the progra.
Procedure to program NEW FOB :-
Programming The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Module
1. Unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.
2. Insert ignition key into the ignition switch.
3. Turn the ignition switch to RUN position without starting the engine.
4. Using a functional key fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum five seconds (maximum ten seconds).
5. While still holding the UNLOCK button, and before ten seconds passes, press the PANIC button and release both at the same time. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module is set to receive the new Vehicle Access Code(s).
6. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons on the transmitter at the same time. Then press and release any one of the buttons. The BCM will sound an abbreviated chime to acknowledge that the programming of the transmitter has been completed and was successful.
7. Repeat step 6 for all transmitters that will be used with this vehicle, up to 4 total.
8. Programming mode will last for 30 seconds. To get out of programming mode sooner, turn the ignition OFF. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module will no longer accept additional Vehicle Access Code(s).
9. When Vehicle Access Code(s) programming is complete, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and verify RKE system operation using each key fob.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Kindly accept my solution.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 11, 2011
HI k2mrk the problem is the remote is not being used long enough to charge internal battery
and that's cousin your lock&unlock function not work until you place in the ignition
The way to solve is try use remote at lest ones a day .
Posted on Jul 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2016 | 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD
Mar 01, 2014 | 2011 Dodge Charger
Feb 19, 2014 | Toyota Camry Cars & Trucks
Dec 15, 2013 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Aug 13, 2017 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Mar 03, 2018 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
Aug 24, 2011 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jul 27, 2011 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Apr 03, 2011 | 2011 Dodge Journey
Oct 04, 2016 | 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
514 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: