Question about Audi A4
Hi there i have an a3 tdi dsg that will not go in gear , last night on the drive home i noticed a vibration when ever i turned right , got in the car this morning and it will not go in to gear , and seems to make a slight noise when trying to go in to reverse , but nothing in drive , i have checked the oil level with the engine off and its plenty in there ,any ideas as to what that could be other than a new box ? thanks guys
I could be a shift linkage problem if it's a stick you need to replace the box.
Posted on Feb 14, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
hi there! i was a master tech 4 hyundai, first of all has the atf fluid been changed and at the correct level. or have you had the multifuntion switch checked? please feel free to contact myself and i will advise you as required with my exsperience
Posted on Dec 11, 2008
The "lift off and it goes away" is the clue I feel. This eliminates engine out of balance issues and points squarely to fueling issues. I would say try a compression test (always a good first start before you try much else) but with plenty of power and no vibration except in the range, probably not a compression issue. So, what's left? Fuel or air is the answer. Check air inlet path is from air filter to turbo and (more importantly) from turbo to intake manifold. Check wastegate on turbo is OK - disconnect the wastegate (it's bolted on to the turbo) hose, then **** on the wastegate hose, you should feel resistance. If not wastegate aneroid has perforated. At this point, I suggest taking it to a LR dealer and get them to pull all the engine codes. If all OK, next step is injectors. It's a common rail diesel and removal is a bit tricky, but if you pull them out, you will often be able to see a single injector with all the carbon deposits around it. If all injectors look the same, suggest that at this point you need to take them to a diesel specialist for testing and calibrating. This process usually cures 70% of diesel misfire problems. The other 30% really requires specialist knowledge of your vehicle's engine.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
Behind the battery where the cables connect there is a part called a carrier 1J0711256...less than $35@ vw dealership...easy to install...remove breather...take bottom cable loose...put part on
Posted on Jun 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 28, 2015 | Audi A6 Cars & Trucks
Feb 19, 2014 | Audi A4 Cars & Trucks
Aug 13, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 19, 2010 | 2001 Volkswagen Golf
Dec 11, 2008 | 2002 Audi A6
May 15, 2008 | 2005 Audi A3
Dec 10, 2017 | Audi Cars & Trucks
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: