Question about Cars & Trucks

Open Question

American standard shower diverer valve

Parts skimatic

Posted by Anonymous on


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Can i clean my idle control valve

Depending on the vehicle, it can be tricky to get to. But yes you can. I had a 2001 Honda Accord that clear several times over the 200,000 miles of its life with me. Be cautious of the rubber gaskets in the valve along with the small screens. You may want to buy new gaskets before you remove the valve. After taking it off, remove gaskets and clean. Replace new gaskets and install.. good to go. I used a brake parts cleaner, a small flathead screw diver and an air tool to blow out the trash. Good luck.

Sep 04, 2017 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where is the EVAP solenoid value located on a 2004 Acura MDX

Hi All :

Here's some help to those who see that dreaded amber light comes on and a new EVAP canister is needed.

I just replaced my EVAP Canister & Shut Valve and it would have been great to have some guidance to reduce the time it took to do this job. I replaced these parts to resolve a code P1457 (Major EVAP Leak) diagnosed at the dealership.

1) Order the correct parts. The Canister is simple (PN 17011-S84-A00). However, you need to order the Canister Shut valve (PN 17310-S0X-A02) black in color with an electrical connector and not to be confused with 17550-S84-A01 VALVE, VENT SHUT (O.R.V.R.) which is white plastic and not the correct part. Order the 2 screws (PN 93893-05010-08 SCREW-WASHER (5X10)) that holds the shut valve on the canister as the old ones will be rusted and useless. I could not remove mine even with vice grips.

2) When the parts arrive, take a look and the canister and you will notice 4 plastic tube fittings at one end of the canister, thankfully all different sizes. Notice the one mounting bracket hole above all the tube fittings and the 4" slot in the other end. This is how the canister is mounted to the underside of the caricon1.png.

3) The shut valve fits into the large hole and is the only one, so no confusion. Use the O ring (taped to the side of the canister) to form and seal between the canister and the shut valve and use the ordered screws to secure the two parts together.

4) Jack up the diver side rear and remove the rear wheel. The canister is located on the underside of the card directly below the driver side passenger seat along with all the other EVAP components. The fittings end of the canister is closest to the side of the car (thank you Acura). Carefully pull off all the tubing making sure to not to create another leak by causing a hole the rubber tube. The largest tube (tank vent) you will need to squeeze the fitting to remove. Remove the one electrical connector.

5) Locate the mount bolt directly above all the tube fittings. Put some anti-rust spray on the bolt heat (it will be rusted) and using a socket with extension remove the bolt. Once out, pull the canister toward the divers side and it should come free from the slot bracket at the other end of the canister. The canister should come free and fall into your hands.

6) Locate the new canister into the cavity and slide the end into the slot. Push the canister up to line up the bolt hole and screw in the old bolt. This may take a few attempts as you pretty much have to do this blind. Connect the one electrical connector and the four tubes to the correct sized fitting. This tubes are formed to go to a particular fitting so there should be no confusion.

7) Wheel back on, jack down and beer in hand cause you're done.

Oct 09, 2012 | 2004 Acura MDX

1 Answer


they will be located just before the radiator core in the cab but some american vehicles have the expansion valve inside the actual pipe its known as a reed valve or flute valve ,but in american ??? i have no idea what you would call them

May 17, 2011 | 2004 Dodge Durango

1 Answer

Lost the key of a santa fe 2004..the only one...what to do?

Take your title proveing you own the car to the Hyundai dealership and they can use your vin# to get you a new key! The factory keeps the key skimatics on file and you can get a new one as long as you can prove you own the car cost about $40 sometimes more depending on if it is a coded key!

Jan 09, 2011 | 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe

1 Answer

How to replace pcv valve and tubing for 1998 mercury tracer

I went to my local auto parts store and bought standard hoses and a standard Mercyry PCV valve with two male ends removed the old hoses thst were forme fitted and addapted the standard hoses and valve. It took all of ten min. and saved me over $100

Oct 19, 2010 | 1998 Mercury Tracer

1 Answer

My powersteering fluid is low and making noise what Type of fluid can I put

You can use the standard power steering fluid. if you have a german car then that takes diffrent oil, for example a vw or an audi take diffrent oil for the power steering,most all american cars use the standard power steering oil, just go to an auto parts store and tell them the year make and model car they will give you the right fluid.

Sep 13, 2010 | Chevrolet Impala Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Good morning I search a front right suspension arm for my 1969 Plymouth Valiant V100. Here in France the mechanic said that the mechanical part doesn't exist anymore and that it should completely...

Sorry but i think hes right ,look on some american web sites for classic parts but if no joy then ask mechanic to have a new ball joint fitted as you have the same vehicle inspection in france as the rest of europe ,its a europeon standard so if you cannot find a new one on a american web site for voitures then yes rebuild it like i had to on a daihatsu for a customer

Sep 11, 2010 | 1983 Plymouth Reliant

1 Answer

Need to replace water pump need belt skimatic

there is belt skimatic under hood on strut tower or top by hood latch

May 30, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier

2 Answers

I need to replace the push button diverter valve

Take off the knob (screw on bottom of knob)
Take off the face plate (two screws usually hidden by knob)
If you can get a crescent wrench on the diverter's hex shaped part, carefully put the wrench on just the diverter valve portion-it's like a quarter inch wide. righty tighty, lefty loosey. If it doesn't turn, hit it with WD 40, blaster, liquid wrench,etc. and let that soak in. If it still won't turn, call a plumber because you don't want to brute force it-copper pipes bend and break really easily. Don't let your life become a Lucy skit for the price of an hour of plumber.
If it spun and came out, take it to the plumbing store and find the replacement part. There are only two; one chrome, one bronze, as far as I know from my bathroom adventures. Get some teflon tape as well.
Take the matching new one, wrap the threads with a wrap of teflon tape, and carefully thread it in where the old one went by hand until you can't turn it more. Then go another turn or two with the crescent wrench being delicate, not like big angry gorilla. Test it before you replace the knob and face plate to see if it leaks-you don't want it piddling behind your wall. If it works and doesn't piddle, replace the faceplate and then the knob and take a shower.

Nov 14, 2009 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

1983 AMC Concord gasket

Any quality gasket from any parts store will work.

May 14, 2008 | 1983 AMC American Motors Concord

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

10 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cars & Trucks Experts


Level 3 Expert

76051 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Randy Ohler

Level 3 Expert

14585 Answers

Are you a Car and Truck Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides