Question about 1999 Mercury Sable
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2000 MERCURY SABLE
My 2000 Sable starts blowing hot air about every 6 months. I mean like an oven. All I do is disconnect the battery negative terminal for about 5 minutes. After I re-connect the problem is solved. This solves many problems on this car, it just needs a re-boot. It must be powered by Microsoft (ha ha). Good luck. ps my auto headlamps never did work right either. Dave.
Posted on Apr 21, 2009
This is extremely important on some cars, for instance my BMW. 1. Have the car parked in a slight uphill slope. Make sure there is enough coolant in the expansion jar.
2. Start the engine and wait for the thermostat to open (upper radiator hose becomes warm).
3. Open up the radiator bleeding nipples slightly with a large screwdriver (bleeding nipples normally made of plastic with a '+* for a screwdriver to fit, at the highest points in the cooling circuit).
4. Allow air bubbles to fizzle out until you get a steady stream of coolant leaking out, use rags to capture leaking coolant.
5. Then close the bleeding nipples, switch off the engine and wait a few minutes for pressure to come down.
6. Open up the cap on the expansion vessel carefully and fill just below the "hot" marking.
7. Check levels again after a few miles and refill further if needed.
Posted on May 31, 2009
If it "RED" in color, like p/s fluid, and coming from the BOOT, then its your p/s rack assembly.The unit has to be replaced and alignment reset. ..also check the HOSES they are prone to leak also...hope this helped..GL
Posted on Jul 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 13, 2016 | 1999 Mercury Sable
Nov 09, 2014 | Mercury Cars & Trucks
Mar 23, 2014 | 1999 Mercury Sable
Dec 30, 2013 | 2001 Mercury Sable
Jan 24, 2011 | 1999 Mercury Sable
Aug 27, 2010 | 1999 Mercury Sable
Jul 05, 2008 | 1993 Mercury Sable
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!