Question about 1995 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Simple pull door panel off, door on other side. I know this will be a big help, Lee.
Posted on Feb 10, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The inner and outer tie rods are pretty self explanatory remove the nut from the knuckle. Whack the knuckle a couple times where the tie rod goes through and the tie rod will pop out. The inner will releas the same way. Get the sleeve whe you get the inner and outer tie rod. It will make life a lot easier. Assemble the new parts to the approximate same length as the parts you removed and install. The idler arm will be bolted to the frame and then have a ball and socket that will be removed in the same manner as the tie rod end. The pitman arm will require a puller to seperate it from the gear box. Sometimes you have to heat up the end that attaches to the gear box to get them to pop. Sometimes the gear box needs to be removed in order to get the puller on the pitman arm. Lower and upper ball joints are also very common on these. If they have not been done I would have them checked as well.
Posted on Aug 08, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jun 12, 2012 | Chevrolet Cavalier Cars & Trucks
Jul 02, 2011 | 1996 Buick Riviera
May 28, 2011 | Dodge Stratus Cars & Trucks
Jan 02, 2010 | Toyota 4Runner Cars & Trucks
Oct 05, 2009 | 1999 Honda Civic
Sep 12, 2009 | 2001 Renault Sportwagon
Jul 10, 2009 | 2000 Honda Accord
Feb 26, 2009 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Jul 10, 2008 | 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: