Question about 1995 Lexus Sc 400
How do i replace my stock stereo for an after market stereo in a 1995 lexus sc400
There are several steps:
1. Take out the center cup-holder (it pops out with a little tug upward). unscrew the 2 screws.
2. On the shifter (lower part) there is a cover that covers 2 screws, unscrew and remove the shifter knob.
3.Take a pick tool and lift the shifter bezel console (black) it also pops up.. there are 3 or 4 connecters (disconnect with a small flat head screwdriver)
4. Once the shift cover is removed, there are several screws and tabs holding the bezel trim down unscrew the screws and lift bezel trim up,
5. Disconnect the ash-tray (blue connector)
6. Disconnect the hazard signal control , volume control connector and the climate control connector.( On the left side)
7. There are 4 screws holding the the radio and climate unit cage to the dash frame. (unscrew)
8. Now it gets a little tight, pull the unit towards you slightly and disconnect to connectors for the climate control unit (on top) and the factroy radio (on the bottom).
9. Next remove the radio and climate control unit from the cage(screws on the sides).
10. Next you will need a new cage: Metra 95-8157B Double DIN Installation Kit for 1992-2000 Lexus SC300 and SC400 (Black)
by Metra Link: http://amzn.com/B001TJG7SA
11. You will need the following harness: Metra 70-8112 Radio Wiring Harness for Toyota Amp Integration 15 Pin by Metra
Link: http://amzn.com/B0002BEUBW and/or Metra 70-1761 Radio Wiring Harness For Toyota 87-Up Power 4 Speaker by Metra Link: http://amzn.com/B0002BEQJ8
12. Match the wires according to the metra kit and new radio instructions.
13. Next follow instructions in reverse for re-stall. GL.
Posted on Apr 22, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Lexus sc400 electrical problem
the computer is bad and also these cars are known for the insturment clusters to go bad along with the computer. get them both fixed and it will solve your problem.
Posted on Oct 12, 2009
SOURCE: radio diagram
Before I post this for you, I just wanted to let you know that you can buy an aftermarket harness that plugs right into your existing harness. Then it allows you to hook up to the wires without cutting your factory wires. They might even have it at Wal-Mart for less than $15. Anyway here are the specs. Don't forget to vote if this helped you out:
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Blue/Yellow
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Gray
Car Radio Ground Wire: Brown
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 5 1/4′
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: Doors
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Purple
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 6′
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Rear Door
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): White
Posted on Apr 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2015 | 1995 Buick LeSabre
a time's radio asks for the code after car battery is disconnected.
some cases to retrieve the code its mentioned in manual or else car
dealer is other option to get car radio code.
more help on car radio problems, I suggest you to go through these
troubleshooting links, these will help you: -----
the link below: ---
These details will help you thanks.
Nov 28, 2012 | 1993 Lexus Ls 400
Sep 17, 2011 | 1995 Lexus Sc 400
May 01, 2010 | 1995 Lexus Sc 400
Apr 24, 2010 | 1995 Lexus LS 400
Apr 22, 2010 | 1995 Lexus Sc 400
Mar 02, 2010 | 1995 Lexus Sc 400
Feb 06, 2010 | 1995 Lexus Sc 400
Oct 30, 2009 | 1995 Lexus Sc 400
Dec 25, 2008 | 1995 Lexus Sc 400
225 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: