Question about 2004 Volkswagen Touareg
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
With the key in the ignition (but not turned), press and hold the Odometer Reset Button on the right hand side of the panel. While still holding that button, turn the key (although not far enough to start the engine) and then press and hold the Minute button on the left side of the instrument pane(if pressing doesnt work try turning the knob clockwise until service light has gone off and skip the pressing)l. Release both buttons at the same time.
Posted on May 30, 2009
Check oil level on dipstick, if okay then replace oil filter, If it still happens then suspect oil pressure sender switch.
Posted on Aug 09, 2009
First check the cabin air filter. All the air goes through this before the system. They need repacement every 15,000, or they get dirty and don't work well.
Posted on Jan 15, 2010
SOURCE: l have a 2000 vw
How to check & change oil in automatic transmission on 2000 VW Passat 4Motion:
At the bottom of the automatic gearbox (tiptronic) you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) checking:
1. Requirements for check:
1.1. Vehicle standing on level surface.
1.2. Transmission must not be in fail-safe mode.
1.3. Shift lever in "P" position, parking brake applied.
1.4. Engine idling.
1.5. Air Conditioner and heater OFF.
1.6. ATF temperature must not exceed 104 Fahrenheit degree (40 Celsius degree) at start of test.
1.7. Only ATF with designation ESSO LT 71 141 may be used. Do not use any lubricant additives.
1.8. Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF - part number: G 052 162 A2 (1 liter wrapping)
1.9. An ATF level check when transmission oil temperature is too low results in overfilling, when too high results in underfilling.
2. CAUTION: Too much or too little ATF will affect the operation of the transmission. The ATF level must be checked at regular intervals.
3. The oil level is correct if a slight amount of oil runs out when ATF temperature is between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg) (caused by increase of oil level when heated). For warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg).
4. Hang filled ATF reservoir VAG 1924 as high as possible.
5. Shift lever in "P" position, engine running at idle.
6. Place oil drip pan under transmission oil pan.
7. Remove ATF filler plug (at the bottom of the automatic gearbox you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up.
8. With ATF temperature between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg), for warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg), a slight amount of oil will flow from filler hole when ATF level is correct.
9. If necessary drain or top off ATF to attain correct oil level. Top ATF with filler hook from VAG 1924 ATF reservoir. Insert VAG 1924 (tool) ATF reservoir filler hook into filler hole and top off until a slight amount of oil flows from filler hole.
NOTE: Fit filler hook into one of the oil deflector cap slots placed on the filler opening.
CAUTION: Do not press filler hook upward or oil deflector cap can be pushed off.
10. Reinstall ATF filler plug. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
The automatic gearbox oil capacity (drain & refill) is 2,6 ... 3,0 litres.
The front differential oil capacity is 0,75 litres. Oil type: SAE 75 W / 90 Synthetic.
The rear differential oil capacity is 1,5 litres. Oil type: SAE 90.
Another automatic gearbox type for 2.5 TDI engine:
Front differential versions:
Rear differential versions:
Please do rate my response. Thanks!
Posted on Feb 19, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2015 | 2010 Volkswagen Touran 2.0
Mar 08, 2013 | 2004 Volkswagen Touareg
Nov 07, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 07, 2012 | Volkswagen Cars & Trucks
Jun 22, 2012 | Volkswagen Cars & Trucks
May 26, 2011 | 2006 Volkswagen Jetta
Feb 18, 2011 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Feb 03, 2010 | 2005 Volkswagen Passat
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: