Question about 2003 Chevrolet Impala
My doors wont up when i use the switch located near the window and also my truck wont open when i use the button
If it wasn't a factory remote it is common for them to have problems.
Posted on Feb 09, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
from the service manual:
There is no onboard programming procedure for this vehicle. This vehicle requires special equipment be connected to the vehicle to program the keyless remote. Please go to the nearest GM dealer for assistance
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
The solution to this issue was recently discovered during our most recent trip to the shop. We told them not to leave the window down when they changed the battery... BUT DID THEY LISTEN...NOOOO.
So quite by accident I was finally able to correct and then test fail the system and test and fix again...
Here you go.;
1. disconnect the battery and connect both the positive and negative cables together(after disconnected))
2. disconnect the window and lock controller in the driver's side door.
3. Leave cables connected for at least 5 minutes
4. Re-connect door window controller and locks wiring harness
5. Place the key in the ignition and turn to the run position
6. Connect Battery starting with the negative cable(ensuring not to connect then disconnect, (one swift motion)
7. open drivers side door and turn key to the off position(do not remove)
8. You should hear a series of dings
9 Once dings are heard remove the key from the ignition and you should hear the door lock solenoids activate..
10. Congrats.. Your done and the windows and locks work.
Posted on Mar 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 12, 2017 | Ford Mustang Cars & Trucks
1. Locate the red two wire programming connector located near the central
locking control module. Behind LH lower instrument panel.
2. Inside the red programming connector you will see two pins.
Jump the two pins with a section of wire. A paper clip bent in a "U" shape will also work.
3. System should now lock and unlock doors to indicate vehicle has entered
4. Press any button on keyless remote once. System should now lock and unlock
doors indicating the keyless remote has been programmed.
5. Repeat step 4 to program the other remote.
6. Remove jumper wire from programming connector to exit programming mode.
7. Test Remote(s).
Sep 02, 2011 | 1995 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 05, 2010 | 1997 Ford Windstar
Mar 29, 2017 | 2003 Cadillac Escalade
Jun 07, 2009 | 2003 Dodge Durango
May 27, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche
Apr 19, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Apr 02, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Venture Passanger
May 22, 2008 | 2003 Ford F150 Regular Cab
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!