Question about Cars & Trucks
I have removed the door card, checked all linkages for binding, removed and checked the door lock itself (all linkages are free and operating normally). There is no sign of waire damage or water damage.
Try checking the central locking module as most of these problems cab be traced back to it being faulty
Posted on Feb 08, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Driver door central locking
More than likely your front driver door module has failed. You will need to replace this module and readapt the key fobs for locking and unlocking
Posted on May 29, 2009
You mentioned you tried re-programming.So did you tried this procedure.If not,then try this procedure of reprogramming:---
The programming for a remote is as follows.
1. Open drivers door and leave open.
(in the uk that's the passenger side)
2. Lock and Unlock the drivers door using the power lock switch on door panel.
3. Insert key into the ignition.
4. Turn key to the ON and OFF position 3 times in 10 seconds. Leave key in ignition.
5. Open and close drivers door 3 times ending with door in the open position.
6. Door locks should respond by locking and unlocking.
7. Press any button on remote 2 times. Doors should then lock and unlock.
8. If programming a second remote press any button onit 2 times and door locks should lock and unlock.
9. Remove key from ignition and locks should lock and unlock again.
10. Test Remotes.------------------------ In some cases disconnecting and reconnecting the battery helps.Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes then reconnect the battery. ---------- Check out.Keep updated.Thanks.Helpmech.
Posted on Feb 23, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2017 | 2002 Kia Sedona
Dec 17, 2016 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
May 30, 2011 | 2002 Kia Sedona
Nov 08, 2010 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Jul 01, 2010 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 09, 2010 | 2002 BMW 5 Series
Feb 09, 2010 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Dec 26, 2009 | 2007 Kia Sedona LX Minivan
Aug 09, 2008 | Kia Rio Cars & Trucks
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!