Question about Cars & Trucks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Firing order is 1-6-5-4-3-2 cyls. # 1-3-5 on drivers side front to back and cyls. # 2-4-6 passenger side front to back.
Posted on Nov 30, 2008
Most chevy 5.3 do not use a cap and rotor. Most have single coil per spark plug and wire. Trace spark plug wires to coil usually above the valve cover.
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on May 27, 2009
I have the same problem. I punched the screens all the way though that are down in the distributor. This did not correct the problem but it did slow it down. Now I only have to change the cap ever few months. I don't leave home without a spare cap.
Posted on Jan 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2014 | 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe
Oct 13, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 07, 2012 | 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe
Mar 10, 2012 | 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe
Sep 07, 2011 | 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
May 21, 2011 | 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe
Aug 30, 2009 | Chevrolet Blazer Cars & Trucks
Aug 13, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Venture Passanger
Apr 25, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe
Mar 31, 2009 | 1998 GMC Suburban
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!