Question about Dodge Cars & Trucks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Did this on my 2002 Stratus 2.4L. I agree with other poster, you do have to remove the passenger tire and wheel wall to do it, but the tensioner travels clockwise.
Note: I offer this solely as a description of how I accomplished the task on my vehicle. It should not be taken as me advising anyone else in any way on how or whether they manage to repair their own vehicles.
1) Engaged parking brake, loosened lugs on passenger front tire.
2) Jacked-up and placed jack-stand.
3) Removed piece of black under-carriage which surrounds the oil filter and attaches to front bumper. There are at least 10 plastic push-pins to remove and I managed to destroy half of them in the process.
4) Positoned belt over lower pulleys and tensioner (as best as possible) then used a bungee to hold the top end of belt up while I worked under the car.
5) Used a 3/8 ratchet and inserted into square hole attached to the tensioner, disengaged the tensioner (moves clockwise) then used a brace to keep the ratchet handle in that position.
6) From top, removed bungee and finished placing belt over alternator, checked the position of entire belt, reengaged the tensioner, and replaced wall and wheel.
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
The thermostat on this car is located on the passenger side lower Engine block. Follow the lower radiator hose and it will lead you right to it. The Wheel and splash guarding need to be removed as well as the Alternator to gain access to the housing bolts. It about a 3 hour job to replace thermostat.
Posted on Mar 12, 2010
For the 2002 Dodge Stratus 3.0L SOHC V6:
Let me know if this helped, or if you have additional information or questions. Feel Free to contact me at FixYa.com!
Posted on May 04, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank You! Helping Me Out Alot"
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 12, 2016 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
Dec 22, 2010 | Dodge Stratus Cars & Trucks
Nov 25, 2010 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
Oct 20, 2010 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
Mar 28, 2010 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
May 06, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
Sep 26, 2008 | 1997 Dodge Stratus
Oct 21, 2017 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Oct 20, 2017 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!