Question about Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
:00 EL TM
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi pcrouthamel, you may have a solution to this, but again you may not.
I have an '04 Ody and also had the E-00 error code when trying to play a CD. There are many suggestions as to what it may be and speculations as to how to fix it. The vehicle manual indicates it's a 'focus' issue.
Here is what I did based on internet research and recommendations and what occured:
1) checked both fuse #9 and #11 (pulled cleaned contacts and re-inserted) -- no fix
2) changed the battery in the Ody (is was due anyway) to address the possible low voltage issue -- no fix
3) inserted a CD, and before it was enter all the way, pulled it back out -- no fix
4) same as 3, but after pulling the CD out, gave the upper portion of the CD player a few firm bangs (literally - crazy I know) -- no fix
5) pulled the dash off (way easier than you may think) and removed the radio; pulled the top plate off to see if there were any obstructions within the unit such as coins or other material; shook it to ensure there weren't things I couldn't see; used a Q-Tip and worked it over the lense to clean it; tried another CD - no fix
6) in addition to 5, just as I inserted the CD for a second time, and while it was fully loading, I gave the heat conductor plate on the back of the radio several firm hits with the heel of my palm -- it worked!!
Apparently, there is more to the 'focus' issue than the vehicle manual leads you to ascertain. Like many DVD and CD players, the laser runs on a carriage. Sometimes this carriage can become misaligned; perhaps from hitting a pot hole too hard. My movement of the carriage while the CD was loading, had put it back in alignment. Now my CD player works.
Hope this helps.
Posted on May 21, 2010
From Tiburon owners manual: Er6 - DISC ERROR - CHECK IF THE DISC IS INSERTED CORRECTLY IN THE CD PLAYER.
MAKE SURE THE DISC IS NOT SCRATCHED OR DAMAGED.
Posted on Feb 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 05, 2015 | 2003 Honda Odyssey
Dec 05, 2009 | 2003 Honda Odyssey
May 26, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Camry
Jan 04, 2009 | 2003 Hyundai Tiburon
Dec 21, 2008 | 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!