Question about 2000 Ford Escort

1 Answer

Leaking water from metal tube going down front of motor . what is this metal tube for

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,187 Answers

Thee tube that you are referring to is the tube that connects the radiator via a radiator hose. Assuming that the radiator hose that you have is the black one that feels like thick cloth. You might have a loose connection on the hose and the metal tube.

Posted on Jun 04, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Water leak by the front of the transmision

I had the same symptom and it turned out to be the small metal tube ($5 part) off the back of the water pump that feeds the coolant line that lays in the valley under the intake plenum. When the valley fills with coolant/water it spills off the back of the motor down the front of the trans. To fix the problem you need to remove the entire intake, fuel rails and plenum (took me 2 days to R&R plus acquire the parts) to get to the problem. I suggest you replace the water pump at the same time while you're in there. Not a hard job just lots of bending over wrenching. The shop wanted $1500, I had $500 into parts including plugs, alternater, water pump, belts, coolant and hoses. Good luck.

Jan 26, 2013 | 2000 Ford Expedition

2 Answers

I have a leak in the coolant line going from the front to back of my 1999 3.3L dodge Grand Caravan. The problem is a leak on two metal tubes going from the fire wall area down under the van where ther...

Hello garyprabi80: My name is Roger and I will help you. I have two different shop manuals and neither show a good picture. However the tubes you discribed are the rear heater core supply tubes. You will not find them in a part store. They will be either a dealer iteam or you may find them in a salvage yard. The dealer will have a picture you could look at and get an idea how they run. Should you need further help please just ask. Please rate the answer. Thank You for using Fix Ya. Roger

Aug 13, 2011 | 1999 Dodge Caravan

1 Answer

My van is leaking radiator fluid but not from the radiator, it is coming from the engine, the hose goes from radiator to a metal tube that goes into the motor, this is where it is leaking from, is this a...

HI if the metal tube your talking about is front of engine.
yes it can difficult fix because that is your water pump.
put first check and see if hose clamps are tight if so. tack van
to service shop.

Jun 28, 2011 | 1995 Plymouth Voyager

1 Answer

Gas line leak going to front injectors. how do i

I assume the black tubes are flexible hose that goes over the metal tubing, and is held on by crimped clamps?
You have to take the clamps off.
If they are crimped, you have to break them.
The easiest way is usually to put a visegrips pliers on them and rapidly twist back and forth until the metal heats and breaks.
Some crimps require a grinder to remove.
Other clamps simply have a screwdriver slot and unscrew.
It is usually the rubber tubing that needs replacement.
Remember to tell them it is for fuel injection so that they give you reinforced and gas proof replacement hose.

May 21, 2010 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille

2 Answers

1996 pontiac 3.8 leaking water out of pipe coming out of intake then makes 90 and goes into assembly that runs towards firewall. What is this pipe called and how to change it.

Plastic water by-pass tube.There may be 2 of them on the assembly they go into.To change you must remove the metal assembly on the front of the motor that the by-pass tube goes into.

Apr 18, 2010 | 1995 Pontiac Bonneville

1 Answer

2002 suburban has leak in driver side rear floor. Cannot see where water would be coming from?

We had same--water on driver side rear floor (soaked!). Driver side front floor seemed dry until feeling UNDER rug, was slightly damp. We found the location of TWO leaks causing this.

Leak #1 was through the parking brake line/cable seal; Recaulked with silicone. Removed plastic trim on floor between floor and door to reveal metal channel filled with water.

Leak #2 was where the door meets the car, near the hinge. It was the accordian-looking tube housing the wiring for the door. The big, rubber, circular plug connecting it to the main part of the car had come loose and water ran down through that, into the SAME metal channel filled with water from leak #1; will seal with silicone.

Note: We found that the channel filled extensively near the front door, BUT the carpet edge from the floor near the rear seat was dipping into it, wicking it up to the rear floor. Also, upon acceleration, the water in the channel gushed toward the back, thus soaking the rear carpet.

These leaks were found by removing all plastic trim (covering edges of carpet by doors), then one of us pouring water into specific areas of the exterior of the vehicle, and the other one watching closely with a flashlight for any signs of dripping.

Feb 18, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet Suburban

2 Answers

Engine Coolant Leak

That sounds like the heater bypass tube. On the end of the tube going into the water pump is an o-ring. Pull out the tube, clean it real good, put a new o-ring on it. Clean the hole well that it goes in. Then I will put a slight amount of silicone around the o-ring. That helps it go back together and fills any imperfections.
Hope this helps you.

Apr 03, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram

3 Answers

1999 kia sephia leaking antifreeze

you will need to replace that water lin it runs to the water pump which is why its leaking so will need to replace it asap

Jan 19, 2009 | 1999 Kia Sephia

Not finding what you are looking for?
2000 Ford Escort Logo

Related Topics:

249 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

77194 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22265 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5579 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides