Question about 2004 Pontiac Bonneville
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: abs light on, 2004 moutaineer
You most probably have a bad speed sensor on one wheel if it is intemitent try unpluging each on and repluging them, sometimes just a bad connector, If this doesn't help get someone to scan the codes for you and it will tell you which sensor is the problem. Keep in mind that until you fix this you can not depend on your ABS system. Normal braking should be fine though.
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
what i've seen with the k series chevrolet trucks is that the wheel speed sensors develop corrosion where the sensor mounts to the hub. you can start by taking the sensor out and cleaning off the mounting surface with a wire brush. the process is:
1. raise front of vehicle onto jackstands
2. remove front wheels
3. remove the brake caliper, bracket and rotor on both sides
4. remove wheel speed sensor via 1 torx bolt (be carefull as the corrosion will cause the sensor to "stick" in the hole)
5. clean the mating surfaces with a wire brush so the sensor bolt hole and mounting surface on the hub is shiney again.
6. if you can, pick up a can of rust preventing primer and spray a little on the surfaces to prevent further corrosion
7. let paint dry
8. apply a thin fil, of grease to the sensor and the sensor mounting spot on the hub
9. re-install sensor
10. revers steps 3-1 for re-installation.
*process is the same for both sides.
this was a common problem on the k series trucks.
while your in there it wouldn't be a bad idea to check the sensors wires to make sure they arent broken. let me know if the repair works for you
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2013 | 2003 Toyota Highlander
May 11, 2013 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Dec 04, 2011 | 2004 Chrysler Sebring
Oct 22, 2010 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apr 17, 2010 | 2004 GMC Canyon
Dec 28, 2009 | 2004 Ford Focus
Jun 19, 2009 | 2004 Volkswagen Passat
May 15, 2009 | 2004 Lincoln LS
Nov 11, 2008 | 2004 Chevrolet Colorado
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!