Question about 2004 Honda CR-V
Don't post your s/n & vin online!!
FREE and EASY methods to get your Honda radio UNLOCK CODE. (Dealerships usually charge)
Assuming you don't have the Anti-Theft Code and Serial Number that is found on the credit card sized Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card that comes with the vehicle at the time of purchase and is usually found in the glove compartment....
You have FREE options to retrieve that code by phone or on the internet BUT, the RADIO SERIAL NUMBER is REQUIRED (no matter what). (see bottom about removing ERROR E3)
***IF your Honda was made BEFORE 2001 the serial number MAY not be accessible without removing the radio from the vehicle.***
* TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER (so that you can get the unlock code)
1. Get something to write with and on (you'll need it to write down the serial number)
2. Put the ingnition key in and turn it until your able to turn your radio on (accessories position).
3. Then turn your radio OFF by it's knob/button (but leave the ingition key in place).
4. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
5. Turn the radio on while pressing down both the 1 and 6 buttons.(***IF your Honda doesn't have preset buttons on the radio then hold down the top part of the 'Seek/Skip' button AND the top part of the 'Change Disk' button instead.*** )
6. Write down the 4 numbers you see first and then 4 more that display. These eight numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER. This is NOT your CODE.
7. Make sure your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is handy to get the unlock code. (can be found on your insurance card, driver's side door jam, small plate on dashboard by registration and inspection stickers, etc)
* TO GET THE UNLOCK CODE (using the radio Serial Number and VIN)
1. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ (YES, it's run BY HONDA and IT'S FREE)
2. Follow on screen instructions (Serial Number and VIN required)
3. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
1. Call American Honda Customer Relations (800) 999-1009
2. When the automated message starts 'Press 3' for 'Radio and Navigation Codes'.
3. Tell the Customer Service Agent you need your radio code. (They will ask for your name, your radio's serial number, VIN, etc)
4. When they give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN and KEEP IT SAFE!
5. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
* REMOVING ERROR E3
****If you entered too many wrong codes and got an ERROR E3 message displaying you'll need to do an additional step for even the correct unlock code to work.****
Disconnect your negative battery terminal (or pull the radio fuse out if that's easier for you) for 30 seconds then reconnect it and then the radio will say "CODE" again and you can put in your correct unlock code.
So what happened to begin with?
See also: http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=2
If the power from your battery to the Honda radio is interrupted the Anti-Theft feature kicks in, the radio is rendered inoperable and the screen reads 'CODE'. You must enter in the Anti-Theft Radio Unlock Code (usually 5 digits) to make it operational again. You know that much by now.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
If you are to go to honda dealer with radio s/n you can get radio code straight from them
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
Now you can unlock any honda radio whit the honda radio code generator from this page : http://www.unlockphonetool.com/honda-radio-code-generator-for-free/ Honda Radio Code Generator For Free
Posted on Oct 01, 2015
It's cheaper to buy a new aftermarket radio. I can't pull the code without paperwork either.
Posted on Jun 24, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2016 | 2006 Honda CR-V SE
Jan 17, 2016 | 2003 Honda Accord
Feb 16, 2011 | 2002 Honda CR-V
Jan 08, 2009 | 1998 Honda CR-V
Dec 22, 2008 | 2007 Honda CR-V
Nov 08, 2008 | 2005 Honda CR-V
Mar 07, 2017 | 2004 Honda CR-V
1,294 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: