Question about 2007 Honda Odyssey
I want to install the daytime running light on a honda odyssey 2007. i would like to know how. Tanks Jean-Louis
I have a very easy and cheap solution for you:
1) Take a piece of black, electrical tape.
2) Cut it to a length of about 1 inch.
3) Cover the photo sensor that is located on the center of the dash, near the windshield.
4) Put your lights into auto-mode.
And that is all...
The auto mode of the headlights works by relying on the photo sensor described above. When the sensor is exposed to light, it opens the circuit, which does not allow current to flow, and the lights are not on. When this sensor is no longer exposed to enough light, the circuit is closed, and current flows, powering the lights.
Pros for this solution:
1) It couldn't be any cheaper.
2) Your lights will always be on while the ignition is on.
3) Your lights will not stay on, since removing the key from the ignition will turn the lights off
Con's for this solution:
1) The headlights will not be the only lights on. This method will cause the rear and side markers to be on as well but this will not hurt anything...
2) If you use only tape, and because of the location of the sensor being so hot when the van is in the sun, the glue of the tape may stick to the sensor and may stain it. (I worked around this by first covering the sensor with a piece of paper cut to size and shape, then covering everything with the tape, which I also cut to size and shape.
Other than that, you are looking at a possibly very expensive customization to add daylight running lights because DRL's are controlled via a switch in the transmission of the vehicle. In other words, the lights come on when you place the car in drive. Not an easy or economic solution...
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2015 | 2007 Hyundai Tucson Limited
Sep 14, 2014 | 2007 Honda CR-V
Apr 09, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 17, 2010 | 2007 Honda Accord Sedan
Aug 11, 2010 | 2007 Cadillac STS V Sedan
Jun 18, 2010 | 2001 Honda Odyssey
Apr 25, 2010 | 2004 Honda Civic
Sep 02, 2009 | 1991 Honda Accord
Jun 18, 2009 | 2007 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Wagon
Aug 27, 2016 | 2007 Honda Odyssey
246 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!