Question about 2007 GMC Yukon Denali
Haveing trouble programing remote garage door opener for 2009 Tahoe. Opener has rolling codes
Press the outer 2 buttons untill the bink rate changes then release.
Press the button you want to train at the same time you hold down an unused button on one of your factory GDO remotes, hold untill flash rate changes.
Press learn button on GDO, press the button you just programmed in the Tahoe, should be programmed.
(Info should be in users manual under HomeLink.)
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
The instructions in the owner's manual are correct, but after following them, my garage door installer and I discovered a few quirks and fixes for them.
It is important to park the Touareg in front of the garage door. Be careful not to park underneath it.
If your remote garage door transmitters are already programmed to your door opener, you need to do the following steps:
1. On the garage door opener itself, there is a learn button. Press and hold down the learn button until the learn indicator light goes out (approx. 6 seconds). (The learn button is near the antenna on your door opener.) By doing this, you have just reset the codes. At this point your remote door transmitters will most likely not work. This is o.k.
2. In the Touareg, press and hold whichever homelink button you want to program until the light above the homelink buttons slowly blinks. Continue to hold the button in and at the same time, hold your remote transmitter underneath the map lights and press the button. Continue to press both buttons until the homelink light rapidly flashes. Let go of both buttons.
3. You now have 30 seconds to press the learn button on your garage door opener. Press it once. The light will start to blink.
4. Go back to the Touareg, press and hold the homelink button you just programmed for 3 seconds until you get a blinking light. Repeat again. This time, it should open or close the door. The homelink button is now programmed.
5. Now that the homelink button is programmed, you now have to re-program your remote transmitters. Take the transmitters with you.
6. On the garage door opener, press the learn button, the light will blink. Now press the button on the remote transmitter. The light should stop blinking. Repeat the step if you have more than one transmitter. You should be all set. The homelink button should work in the Touareg and your remote transmitter(s) should also work.
In summary, the rolling codes in the door opener receiver have to be reset. For some reason, the Touareg has to be programmed FIRST. Then the remote transmitter units. If the remote transmitter units are already programmed, you will most likely not be able to program the homelink in the Touareg for a rolling code door opener.
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 02, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
THEY MAKE THE SYSTEM AND HAVE INSTRUCTIONS YOU CAN DOWNLOAD.
PLEASE NOTE: MOST BUT NOT ALL BRANDS/MODELS OF OPENER WILL WORK WITH THIS SYSTEM.
You must read and follow the instructions very carefully.
After you program the visor you must then program the opener to accept the visor code. Press the learn/memory/program button then press and hold the visor button (within 20seconds) the next time you press the button the door should move.
HOPE THIS HELPS
Dec 20, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Corvette
Dec 19, 2010 | GMC Yukon XL Cars & Trucks
Oct 30, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Prius
Sep 21, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Suburban
Apr 24, 2009 | 2005 Chrysler Pacifica
Apr 16, 2009 | 2006 Lincoln Zephyr
Mar 10, 2009 | 2000 Lincoln Navigator
Dec 30, 2008 | 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited...
2,396 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!