Question about 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
We had to replace the radiator and we need to know how to add the water and the antifreeze in a 2006 Cheverlot SS Colbalt
This would work for most cars, mine are Saab and BMW, the latter being the reason for step 4 below which could be very important.
1. Have the car parked in a slight uphill slope to make step 4 easier and more effective.
2. Mix concentrated anti-freeze liquid and tap water in a 50/50 mix in a 10 liter bucket, pour it through a funnel into the upper radiator hose that you have not yet attached to the radiator, or if there is a cap in the radiator you can use this instead. It will take 10 liters or so to fill, check the instruction manual for exact figures if you feel you need it.
3. When coolant starts to show up in the expansion jar, attach the upper hose and top off to normal level in the expansion vessel, close the cap.
4. Then finally a very important step for many cars, most notably BMW but I guess also other cars could be happy about it: bleed the cooling system. Start the engine, let it idle until beginning to become warm (thermostat opens). Then use a screwdriver to open up the plastic bleeding valves (located on the uppermost places in the cooling circuit) a little, let the air bubbles out and then close when it stops fizzle and pure liquid comes out. Use a rag to capture what is leaking out.
5. Stop the engine and let it cool for a few minutes to release pressure, open the expansion vessel cap and fill to the normal coolant level. Done. Check levels after the first few miles and adjust as needed.
Posted on May 27, 2009
Add water to the radiator till it gets filled up and add the coolant/ antifreeze into the radiator return jar.
rate this best.
Posted on May 26, 2009
Use only long life type of antifreeze, mix the water and antifreeze 50/50, equal parts.
Posted on May 26, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 26, 2016 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Mar 28, 2012 | Saturn SW Cars & Trucks
Jun 05, 2017 | 1989 Ford F 250
Nov 06, 2010 | 1996 Ford Taurus
Nov 06, 2010 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Am
Nov 04, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Lumina
Nov 02, 2010 | 1993 Toyota Paseo
Oct 15, 2010 | 1999 Saturn SC
Feb 26, 2010 | 2003 GMC Sierra 1500
688 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: