Question about 1997 BMW 7 Series
I am trying to replace the rear window regulator in my bmw and I have one screw I need to remove on the regulator that is sitting directly behind the glass, how can I get to it.
Roll up the window manually using the Allen wrench supplied in the tool kit in the trunk
Posted on May 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jan 03, 2011 | 2006 Toyota Highlander
Sep 12, 2010 | 2004 Nissan Maxima
Aug 04, 2010 | 2000 BMW 3 Series
Jun 12, 2010 | Honda CR-V Cars & Trucks
Nov 16, 2009 | 2003 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Oct 25, 2009 | 2004 Nissan Sentra
Sep 09, 2009 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apr 18, 2009 | 2004 BMW 3 Series
Apr 11, 2009 | 1994 Ford Explorer Limited
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: