Question about 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
How to program keyless remote for 2001 monte carlo
1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON and the radio to off. Do not crank the engine.
2. Press and hold the DISP button on the radio for at least five seconds until settings is displayed.
3. Press the SEEK up or down arrows until FOB PROG appears on the display.
4. Press the PREV or NEXT button to enter the submenu. The current selection will have an
asterisk next to it. BEGIN will be displayed.
5. Press the DISP button to start programming. When the message PUSH FOB flashes, press and
hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for 15 seconds. A
chime will be heard to verify the transmitter is learned.
6. Repeat Step 5 for each additional transmitter up to four remotes total. You do not need to press
the DISP button again, just press down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the next transmitter
to be learned to a maximum of four transmitters per vehicle.
The mode you selected is now set. You can either exit the programming mode by following the instructions later in this section or program the next feature available on your vehicle.
EXIT (Exit Feature Customization Mode): This feature allows you to exit the vehicle customization programming.
1. Scroll until EXIT appears on the display.
2. Press the DISP button to exit programming. A chime will he heard to verify the exit.
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on May 25, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2014 | 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Oct 24, 2011 | 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jan 10, 2010 | 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Oct 02, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
May 15, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Mar 27, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Dec 29, 2008 | Chevrolet Monte Carlo Cars & Trucks
408 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: